Re: [Hastings-on-Hudson Alumni] Digest for hastings-on-hudson-alumni@googlegroups.com - 22 updates in 1 topic

Edward W. Caccia

Sep 23, 2018, 1:04:57 AM9/23/18
to hastings-on-...@googlegroups.com

Alan,
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I had the great pleasure of having known your Dad just a little bit back in the day and have always had great memories of this warm, funny, kind, cool guy. I'm thankful for those and for the great example he set for me as a great father and man.
With deepest respect and sympathies,
Ed Caccia

On September 22, 2018, at 9:49 PM, hastings-on-...@googlegroups.com wrote:

>hastings-on-...@googlegroups.com Google Groups
>
>Topic digest
>View all topics
>
>Donald Fine - RIP - 22 Updates
>
>Donald Fine - RIP
>
>Alan Fine <alan...@gmail.com>: Sep 21 11:22PM -0700
>For the longest time, I have dreaded the thought of writing this email to
>our group, but the time has come...

>We mourn the passing of my father,* Donald Fine*, a warm and loving dad, a
>great athlete, lover of classical music and movies, who was a generous and
>genuinely funny person. Don graduated third in his class at Long Island
>City High School in 1952. (He loved saying that, then explaining he
>graduated during summer school and with two other guys.) In 1956, Don
>graduated Fordham University School of Pharmacy, then later owned
>pharmacies with his father and mother, Benjamin and Lena. Don was very
>proud to be one of the founding members of Temple Beth Shalom in Hastings.
>Don is survived by his wife Elizabeth, his sister Sheila Oxman, his
>children Alan, Lawrence, Shari (whom he had with his late first wife
>Laura), Veronica, Liz and Christine, his grandchildren Alicia, Jocelyn,
>Anissa, Sofia, Jojo, Sara and Benjamin, and his great-grandchildren
>Christian, Alexander and Juliana.

>*Funeral service will be this Sunday, September 23, 2018 at the Hastings
>Funeral Home, 15 Spring St, Hastings-On-Hudson, NY 10706. *
>*Time to be announced. Will send another notice. *

>In lieu of flowers, the family wishes donations be made to Fordham
>University.

>[image: Donald Fine Fordham Graduation.jpg] <about:invalid#zClosurez>[image:
>Donald Fine.jpg] <about:invalid#zClosurez>
>John M <morabi...@yahoo.com>: Sep 22 06:58AM -0400
>Dear Alan and family
>My deepest sympathy to you and your family. He was a man of great character

>Sent from my iPhone

>Mark Lesly <mark...@verizon.net>: Sep 22 06:55AM -0400
>I am hoping it will be no sooner than 1 p.m., because I have to teach at
>NYU from 10-Noon tomorrow. I think my hug last night said what I needed to
>say...so very sorry, my old friend.

>Jebwilk <jeb...@aol.com>: Sep 22 06:42AM -0400
>Alan,
>I’m so sorry. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug as you did recently for me after my dad passed. You have inherited not only his good looks but also his generous, caring spirit and sense of humor. I know he is proud of you!
>Love to you and your family!
>Julie

>Sent from my iPhone

>Melinda Valentine <melindava...@gmail.com>: Sep 22 07:36AM -0400
>So sorry for your loss... Seems he had a wonderful life. Raised a beautiful family and legacy ..🙏

>Sent from my iPhone

>valsh...@gmail.com: Sep 22 08:54AM -0400
> [...]

Sue Klubock

Sep 23, 2018, 8:40:32 AM9/23/18
to hastings-on-...@googlegroups.com
Good morning Alan,
Our condolences on your fathers passing.
You were lucky to have him in your life for so
Long, and to be so close with him.
He always had a smile and a joke for me.
My best HS recollection was watching him jog
Around the track during marching band practice.
I think he wanted to check out the halftime show
Before his sons big football game!
I will not be able to see you today - we r on vacation
In the Canadian Rockies.

Love
Sue

Sent from my iPhone