Any interest in ReaderT based DOM manipulation

sniperr...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2016, 4:36:49 AM2/28/16
to haste-compiler
Hello,

For a project I am currently working on I wrote a little utility module around Haste.DOM that makes constructing elements with a top-down approach (which I consider to be more natural when building html) a bit more comfortable. It is in essence just an alias of (ReaderT Elem m a) and then a bunch of commonly used functions that manipulate the environment. The result is very similar (but not identical) to haste-perch. Since the wrapper around Haste.DOM is so thin it is very easy to escape to Haste.DOM code where appropriate or necessary and it also saves some replication of functionality since, for simple things, I can just use Haste.DOM functions directly. I find it very comfortable to work with and will likely turn it into a library eventually (Since I intend to build more projects in Haste), but if there is any interest in it already I will make an early release effort.

Kind regards,

Wilfried van Asten

Anton Ekblad

Feb 29, 2016, 11:25:01 AM2/29/16
to haste-compiler
I for one would be very interested to see this released. It sounds like an interesting approach, and I have students working with Haste who would likely find this very useful.

/Anton

sniperr...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2016, 1:48:59 PM3/9/16
to haste-compiler
I have made the module into a library (and made some changes to increase the interoperability with Haste.DOM).
It does exactly what it says on the can and nothing more. I might create something "higher level" on top of it, but
it does pretty much exactly what I need for now. I still want to do the JSString module before I release it, but the

Kind regards,

Wilfried van Asten