Scotty (WAI) api authentication / authorization

Brandon Martin

Oct 27, 2014, 3:07:37 PM10/27/14
to haske...@googlegroups.com
I have a scotty app I have been toying with for an api. I would like to be able to check authentication (stateless api key) on a per route basis and if the user is authenticated then store that user's info in the Request vault so I can access it down the chain to do different authorizations or scope on db calls. It looks like in scotty middleware are called on all routes. I am looking for some ideas or recommendations on how to go about this.

Thanks
Brandon

Greg Weber

Dec 5, 2014, 10:26:44 PM12/5/14
to haske...@googlegroups.com
Did you figure this out? This is a technique to share auth code across all frameworks that is used in the Ruby world.