tasty-html

Roman Cheplyaka

Feb 23, 2014, 6:13:39 PM2/23/14
to haskel...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks to all who volunteered to participate in tasty-html. I am
pleasantly impressed by the response I've got in such a short time :)

Now, let's discuss organization and technical details.

I've created a repo at https://github.com/feuerbach/tasty-html and added
Danny and Tyler as collaborators. I'll add the rest of you as soon as
you tell me your github usernames.

I trust your judgment. If you are confident in your changes, push
directly to master. If you think you need someone to check your work and
provide feedback, push to another branch and create a pull request from
that branch to master. Then I (or someone else) can comment on that pull
request.

Use the issue tracker, too — to record what needs to be done and to
distribute work among you (every issue can be "assigned" to someone).
I'll also create issues if I think something should be improved.

Please code against the git version of tasty (0.8), not the latest
release on hackage (0.7). 0.8 will be released really soon, and it
contains quite a few API changes.

A good starting point would be tasty-ant-xml by Oliver Charles:
https://github.com/ocharles/tasty-ant-xml. It does something very
similar, only its output format is XML, not HTML. But in terms of tasty
integration it is very close to what we need.

For HTML, please use blaze-html and HTML5.

For CSS, please use bootstrap as the basis. To render the test tree I
kinda liked this project: https://github.com/jhfrench/bootstrap-tree
But I'm open to other suggestions.

Despite such template as tasty-ant-xml being available, the more you
learn about how it (and tasty overall) works in the process of creating
tasty-html, the more useful this experience will be to you. Don't
hesitate to ask questions.

Geronimo!

Roman
signature.asc

Chris Catalfo

Feb 23, 2014, 8:38:28 PM2/23/14
to haskel...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm Chris, ccatalfo on github (https://github.com/ccatalfo).

I'm looking forward to checking out tasty-ant-xml and seeing how things fit together in general in tasty.

Thanks for the opportunity to work on this.

Chris

Chris Catalfo

Feb 23, 2014, 9:35:23 PM2/23/14
to haskel...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I took tasty-ant-xml as a starting point and did the necessary renaming in a new Runner/Html.hs file, as well as the .cabal file, leaving the original ant-xml functionality intact, so that you can run

./check.hs --html=results.html

and it produces the same xml output as tasty-ant-xml.  The xml-related dependencies etc. are all still there at this point, obviously.

I temporarily put this in a fork of tasty-html at https://github.com/ccatalfo/tasty-html.  Once I have access to the main repo i can add this as a branch for someone to look over.

Chris

Danny Navarro

Feb 24, 2014, 3:46:28 AM2/24/14
to haskel...@googlegroups.com

Oliver Charles

Feb 26, 2014, 11:07:35 AM2/26/14
to haskel...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, a bit late to the party here!

Looks like things are falling into shape nicely - please don't hesitate to ping me if you have any questions regarding tasty-ant-xml.

Happy hacking :)
-ocharles

Danny Navarro

Feb 26, 2014, 11:37:52 AM2/26/14
to Oliver Charles, haskel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Oliver,

I'm constantly looking at your code for guidance.

Since in `tasty-html` we are targeting `tasty` 0.8, which will be
released soon, I could "backport" the changes to `tasty-ant-xml` as
well. But are you planning to update `tasty-ant-xml` as soon as
`tasty` 0.8 comes out or will you pin it to 0.7?

Oliver Charles

Feb 26, 2014, 11:43:48 AM2/26/14
to haskel...@googlegroups.com
I would be planning to upgrade tasty-ant-xml as soon as possible -
I'll happily accept a pull request if you've already made those
changes.