stack hackage index out of date?

Sönke Hahn

Jul 10, 2016, 12:51:48 PM7/10/16
to haskell-stack
Hi all,

I've just created a stack files that contains the following:

extra-deps:
- http-client-0.5.1

That version of that package is on hackage. It's also in my local hackage index that's used by cabal, as the output of `cabal info http-client` indicates. Yet stack can't find it, output inserted below.

It seems that stack is using its own hackage index separate from the one that cabal is using. It also seems to fetch that index not from hackage but from somewhere else. Is that understanding correct? If so, is it normal that the stack hackage indices online are out of date for some time?

Cheers,
Sönke

Here's stack's output:

Didn't see http-client-0.5.1 in your package indices.
Updating and trying again.
Fetching package index ...remote: Counting objects: 1, done.
remote: Total 1 (delta 0), reused 1 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
Unpacking objects: 100% (1/1), done.
Fetched package index.
The following package identifiers were not found in your indices: http-client-0.5.1
Possible candidates: http-client-0.5.0, http-client-0.5.0.1.

Michael Snoyman

Jul 10, 2016, 12:58:11 PM7/10/16
to Sönke Hahn, haskell-stack
There's some bug with the Travis CLI tool, which is causing the previous every-30-minute refresh from Hackage to be delayed to around every 24 hours. I'm working on a fix for this, but in the meanwhile I've manually run the relevant jobs. Hopefully this will be back to normal in the next day or two.

Sönke Hahn

Jul 10, 2016, 1:05:18 PM7/10/16
to haskell-stack, mic...@snoyman.com
Yes, works now. Thanks for fixing and for explaining.

And this might also be a good moment to thank you and everyone else working on stack / stackage. So here goes:

Thanks a lot! :)

Cheers,
Sönke