Vim plugin support

Matt Parsons

Jun 24, 2015, 11:50:32 PM6/24/15
to haskel...@googlegroups.com
Is there currently anyone working on vim plugins that work with stack? The reddit thread on stack's 0.1 release indicated that emacs has something going with ide-backend, but when I last checked there was no vim plugin that interfaced with it.

Right now, I can think of a few options:

1. Work on hdevtools or ghc-mod to get them working with stack. ghc-mod might take a lot of work (I remember reading it was very tightly integrated with cabal). hdevtools might take less effort. I've opened an issue with them and would like to help on that front if I can.
2. Make a vim plugin for ide-backend that can leverage the work that's been done for emacs. I'd be up for helping here, but my vimscript is pretty weak, lisp nonexistent, and I have no idea where to start with ide-backend.
3. Finally get around to learning spacemacs!

If there's already some effort being put somewhere, I'd like to contribute, and if not, let's figure out the best way to go :)

Sean Hess

Jun 29, 2015, 2:38:32 PM6/29/15
to haskel...@googlegroups.com, parso...@gmail.com
Is there a workaround for this? Perhaps some way to at least tell cabal-install to use the same install plan in the sandbox?

This kind of prevents me from really using stack otherwise. My workflow is pretty reliant on my editor showing me errors when I save.

Michael Snoyman

Jun 29, 2015, 2:42:09 PM6/29/15
to Sean Hess, haskel...@googlegroups.com, parso...@gmail.com
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for with cabal-install workarounds, but this seems to do the trick (presuming you have the right GHC on your PATH):

cabal configure --package-db=clear --package-db=global --package-db=$(stack path --snapshot-pkg-db) --package-db=$(stack path --local-pkg-db)

Matt Parsons

Jun 29, 2015, 3:00:21 PM6/29/15
to haskel...@googlegroups.com, mic...@snoyman.com, mic...@snoyman.com, sean...@gmail.com
I'll have to give that a shot! Thanks.

I think between the yesod-devel commit and the doctest commit for Stack support, it shouldn't be too tricky for me to get hdevtools working as well.

On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 9:50:32 PM UTC-6, Matt Parsons wrote:
[...]

Jason Zoladz

Jul 21, 2015, 4:52:34 PM7/21/15
to haskell-stack, parso...@gmail.com
Mr. Snoyman,

You rock.  Thanks for stack (and answers like this one).

Cheers,
Jason