GSoC 2021

Adam Fiedler

Apr 7, 2021, 11:05:12 PM4/7/21
to haskell-stack
Hi everyone,

I was wondering about this year's GSoC topics for Stack (https://summer.haskell.org/ideas.html). They sound super general, could anyone give me a closer intro? I guess I'm mainly interested in stack gc. Do you have already any specific idea about the implementation in mind? Or would it incorporate design too? Expected skills?

Thanks.

Adam

Michael Snoyman

Apr 8, 2021, 3:24:32 AM4/8/21
to haskel...@googlegroups.com
Designing a solution is definitely part of the project here. We don't have a complete solution in mind yet. I'm sure plenty of people-myself included-would be happy to provide some feedback and thoughts on what it should look like.

Expected skills really just come down to the ability to work on the Stack code base. Hopefully the codebase is easy enough for most people with Haskell experience to navigate. I can't think of any particular additional skill necessary in this case.