HSP darcs repos offline + EmbedAsChild m ()

stepcut

Mar 8, 2011, 5:58:19 PM3/8/11
to Haskell Server Pages
Hello,

It looks like HSP was not migrated to the new code.haskell.org ?

> $ darcs pull
>
> darcs failed: Not a repository: http://code.haskell.org/HSP/hsx (Failed to download URL http://code.haskell.org/HSP/hsx/_darcs/inventory: HTTP response code said error)

I was planning to send a patch that adds, EmbedAsChild m (), as a
super-class (or whatever they are called) for XMLGenerator.

I find I have a lot of code where I have:

foo :: (XMLGenerator m, EmbedAsChild m ()) => ..

And it would be nice to just write:

foo :: (XMLGenerator m) => ...

I can not think of any reason why you would not be able to implement
an instance for (), so it seems like a safe addition.

It does potentially break the API, (if someone had created an
XMLGenerator instance for a monad that does not already have an
EmbedAsChild m () instance). But that is pretty minor.

What do you think?

- jeremy

Niklas Broberg

Mar 8, 2011, 6:32:30 PM3/8/11
to haskell-se...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

> It looks like HSP was not migrated to the new code.haskell.org ?

Right you are - I'll make some noise about it, to see what has happened. In the mean time, feel free to send me patches directly.

> I was planning to send a patch that adds, EmbedAsChild m (), as a
> super-class (or whatever they are called) for XMLGenerator.

 I'm quite alright with that, we already have a large number of super-classes for XMLGenerator for exactly the purpose you state. I agree that () is harmless.

Cheers,

/Niklas

Thomas Hartman

Mar 8, 2011, 6:37:37 PM3/8/11
to haskell-se...@googlegroups.com, Niklas Broberg
There is also, of course patch-tag.com (mine) and darcsden.com (my
competitor :) ). Both free.

Thomas.

Niklas Broberg

Mar 8, 2011, 6:40:58 PM3/8/11
to Thomas Hartman, haskell-se...@googlegroups.com
Ah, good point! I'll probably set up the repositories on patch-tag where I already have an account. But it'll have to wait until tomorrow, when I'm not falling asleep at the keyboard...

Cheers,

/Niklas

Niklas Broberg

May 25, 2011, 10:17:46 AM5/25/11
to Thomas Hartman, haskell-se...@googlegroups.com
For various reasons, "tomorrow" was 2½ months... but now they are up!

... or the like for the other packages. I hope it's the latest versions of all the libraries, yell if you see any discrepancy.

Cheers,

/Niklas