Re: hsx & hsp patches

Niklas Broberg

Jan 4, 2011, 3:22:53 AM1/4/11
to Jeremy Shaw, Haskell Server Pages
Hi Jeremy,

Back at work now after some much-needed holiday. :-)

I've applied your patches and released hsx-0.9.0 and hsp-0.6.0 on
hackage. Stay tuned for a new release of haskell-src-exts that fixes
that stupid ExplicitForAll bug!

Cheers,

/Niklas

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Jeremy Shaw <jer...@n-heptane.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Attached are patches for hsx and hsp. The exciting stuff is the
> support for GHC 7. In order to truly work, you need a version of GHC 7
> that has the fix for #4809. However, I believe that there is no reason
> to hold off on applying the patches now. It won't make things worse.
> GHC 6 users will need to update their code to by GHC 7 compatible. GHC
> 7 users have no choice but to update to a fixed GHC 7 no matter what
> we do.
>
> There are also some patches that clean up warnings, and a patch that
> adds some HSP instances for Text and lazy Text. Since that package is
> (or will be) in the haskell platform, I think it is ok that it adds a
> new dependency (namely, the text package).
>
> I have successfully built and run two substantial applications using
> these patches and a patched GHC 7.
>
> Can't wait to try out the new <%> syntax.
>
> I did not bump any version numbers. And I did not try to add anything
> to the .cabal version to warn about the broken versions of GHC 7.
>

> - jeremy

stepcut

Jan 4, 2011, 9:07:38 PM1/4/11
to Haskell Server Pages
Nice!

Builds cleanly with happstack!

Looking forward to the haskell-src-exts patch :p

Glad you had a nice holiday!

- jeremy