Can someone post/point to some simple examples of using hjscript, ideally with happstack?

Thomas Hartman

Jun 1, 2010, 3:14:30 PM6/1/10
to web-...@haskell.org, HA...@googlegroups.com, haskell-se...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I am starting to integrate some javascript, specifically I am
generating google finance type charts using

http://code.google.com/apis/visualization/documentation/gallery/annotatedtimeline.html

from the google charts api.

This seems like a perfect place to wrap javascript in some typesafe
goodness, but I find the documentation somewhat impenetrable.

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/HJScript/0.5.0/doc/html/HJScript.html

Could someone that's familiar with hjscript post a synopsis with a
simple use case like popping up a hello world message box or
something?

Suggestions on other javascript dsls are also welcome.

Thanks in advance!

thomas.

--
Need somewhere to put your code? http://patch-tag.com
Want to build a webapp? http://happstack.com

Jeremy Shaw

Jun 1, 2010, 5:31:22 PM6/1/10
to haskell-se...@googlegroups.com, web-...@haskell.org, HA...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

HJScript is a royal pain to use, IMO. Though I still use it because I haven't found anything better.

There is a little bit of HJScript in this demo starting at line 549:

not sure that is going to clear much up though. To pop up an alert box do;

window # alert (string "an freaking alert box.")

- jeremy