somebody please fix the wiki dead links to "the only in depth documentation of hsp..."

Thomas Hartman

Sep 10, 2010, 7:32:42 PM9/10/10
to haskell-se...@googlegroups.com
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/HSP :

"6 Documentation
Currently the only existing in-depth documentation is Niklas' masters
thesis [ps, pdf]"

and ps and pdf are two dead links.

My colleague has kindly used his acm account to get me what I believe
is the proper thesis doc. (pdf attached). Can this be attached to the
wiki somehow?

Note there is another doc I found through googling, but it is marked
DRAFT. It appears the official thesis behind an ACM paywall, and I'm
sure we don't want that.

It might also be helpful to have the (I assume?) latex sources if
they're still available.

As a side note, I just noticed are finally making it through haddock
and accessible in the hackage docu the usual way. (Yay!)

So, given that, does this change the recommendation that a new hsp
user read the hsp thesis first, or would you now recommend hackage
docu for hsp and hsx. If the hackage docu is now good enough that it
could be recommended as a starting place, perhaps the wiki could be
reworded to reflect that.

Cheers, thomas.

Jeremy Shaw

Sep 10, 2010, 9:35:58 PM9/10/10
to haskell-se...@googlegroups.com
In my experience -- the thesis is pretty far out of date..

Eventually the happstack crash course will cover HSP, but probably not
until 2011.

- jeremy

> --
> .