trhsx and haddock

1 view

stepcut

Feb 21, 2011, 4:13:47 PM2/21/11
to Haskell Server Pages
Hello,

I am pretty sure I must have asked this before, but maybe the answer
is different now anyway.

trhsx seems to strip all the comments out of the source code, which
means that all the haddock documentation is missing for any module
that needs to be preprocessed with trhsx. Is there any fix for this?

- jeremy

Niklas Broberg

Feb 22, 2011, 3:04:10 AM2/22/11
to haskell-se...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

You have indeed asked it before, and the answer is the same I'm afraid.

It can certainly be done, and is very high on the priority list of todos. But it's not a trivial task - what's required is to switch HSX.Transform over to use the annotated AST and parser/exact-printer. That includes a lot of tedious boilerplate work, as well as some cleverness in how to generate location info for the generated code. I'll get there eventually - but it'll be a while yet.

Cheers,

/Niklas