some hyperlinked-source mods

Erik Rantapaa

May 27, 2016, 9:21:38 AM5/27/16
to Haskell IDE implementation discussion
Hi all,

I've been working on some haddock mods and am looking to get some feedback from a few people. It's kinda related to this mailing list.

Basically I've modded haddock to emit type span and include origin information so that they can be displayed in the hyperlinked source pages.

You can view a demonstration at:

If you hover over an imported symbol it will tell you where it was imported from.

If you click on a symbol it will tell you the type. By pressing the 'a' and 's' keys you can expand / shrink the selected expression - just like in ghc-mod.

For the purposes of this demo I've disabled the normal action that happens when you click on a symbol. I'm still trying to work out a good UI for interacting with all the information that's available now. Any suggestions are welcome.

So check it out, and let me know how it works out for you (and especially if it doesn't work out.)

Regards,
Erik

Bryan Richter

May 27, 2016, 2:53:45 PM5/27/16
to haske...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I think this is really cool. :)

I think there's a lot of nice things that could be done with Haddocks.
Just the other day I was thinking about building editing features into
a website, such that you could send documentation patches/pull
requests directly upstream. Sort of a wiki-but-not.

Anyway I think moving forward on Haddocks technology is great.
signature.asc