Hi + scion-browser

Alejandro Serrano Mena

Sep 14, 2012, 4:16:26 AM9/14/12
to haske...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I really like the idea of this group to discuss how to build a better Haskell IDE :)

I would just like to point your attention to scion-browser (https://github.com/JPMoresmau/scion-class-browser), which is the executable EclipseFP uses for gathering information about installed packages documentation. It does so basically using Hoogle data:
- the data is rebuilt from time to time from Hoogle database into a more performant relational database using Persistent,
- for browsing, just the database is asked for data, which makes it quite fast (just try to use the Haskell Browser perspective),
- for searches, the Hoogle executable is asked for results, which are then linked to the information in the database
This component is also used to ask for autocompletion information (which once you've parsed the imports part of the file, is quite easy).

JP Moresmau

Sep 14, 2012, 6:13:03 AM9/14/12
to haske...@googlegroups.com
Michael has added scion-browser to the wiki home page!