BuildWrapper and Dash docset for the GHC API

Erik Rantapaa

Oct 25, 2015, 11:53:39 PM10/25/15
to Haskell IDE implementation discussion
Hi all,

Just a couple of things...

- BuildWrapper ( https://github.com/JPMoresmau/BuildWrapper ) is an utility which is meant to be used to implement an IDE for Haskell projects. It is not maintained anymore, but it builds cleanly under the HP 2014.2, and it could be a good reference for figuring out how use the GHC API to do things.

- For OS X users I have created a docset for the GHC API modules - the standard Haskell docset unfortunately doesn't include it. You can find the instructions to build it at:

ER

Alan & Kim Zimmerman

Oct 26, 2015, 5:20:35 AM10/26/15
to haske...@googlegroups.com
In terms of BuildWrapper, JP Moresmau has joined the haskell-ide project on github so he should be able to identify ways the work can be reused.

Alan

Tillmann Vogt

Oct 26, 2015, 6:09:06 AM10/26/15
to haske...@googlegroups.com, jpmor...@gmail.com
Am 26.10.2015 um 10:20 schrieb Alan & Kim Zimmerman:
> In terms of BuildWrapper, JP Moresmau has joined the haskell-ide project
> on github so he should be able to identify ways the work can be reused.
>
> Alan

I volunteer to make it run with ghc 7.10, if JP is busy.
When I try to compile it, it has mostly errors in the GHC module.

@alanz : Can you add me to the haskell-ide project?
My github name is tkvogt

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 5:53 AM, Erik Rantapaa <eran...@gmail.com
> <mailto:eran...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just a couple of things...
>
> - BuildWrapper ( https://github.com/JPMoresmau/BuildWrapper ) is an
> utility which is meant to be used to implement an IDE for Haskell
> projects. It is not maintained anymore, but it builds cleanly under
> the HP 2014.2, and it could be a good reference for figuring out how
> use the GHC API to do things.
>
> - For OS X users I have created a docset for the GHC API modules -
> the standard Haskell docset unfortunately doesn't include it. You
> can find the instructions to build it at:
>
> https://gist.github.com/erantapaa/e1d4a453a15e534e9c85
>
> ER
>
> --

Alan & Kim Zimmerman

Oct 26, 2015, 6:28:42 AM10/26/15
to haske...@googlegroups.com, JP Moresmau
tkvogt added. Welcome.

JP Moresmau

Oct 26, 2015, 7:44:17 AM10/26/15
to Alan & Kim Zimmerman, haske...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I stopped maintaining BuildWrapper before porting it to 7.10. I suppose it did contribute to my decision, as I was facing another round of whacking the API mole with a CPP hammer. But yes the GHC related code should be quite contained so porting it should be doable. And yes I'll try to make sure that things I've learned doing BuildWrapper get passed on.

JP