Leaving CLC

kova...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2023, 2:13:24 PM8/7/23
to haskell-core-libraries
Dear CLC members,

It was an honor to be a Core Libraries Committee member!

However, I'm afraid that I no longer have the capacity to continue my duties as a CLC member. So I'd like to end my CLC membership earlier.

My membership was short but I'm glad I had a chance to make some positive impact.
  • I was writing monthly updates during the last 6 months
  • I improved documentation around CLC processes
  • I contributed to numerous proposals
  • I survived the base split proposal 😅
Positive feedback (especially about monthly CLC updates) encouraged me to continue!
But every person has their limits.

Burnout is a ruthless creature.
I want to focus on my family, mental health, and other things that bring me joy.

I'm happy to continue my obligatory duties until a new CLC member is elected.
I won't write new monthly updates though, so anyone else can take the lead on this initiative.

Hate to be the bearer of sad news but I wish CLC and the Haskell community all the best!
Take care!

Best,
Dmitrii

Julian Ospald

Aug 8, 2023, 12:41:38 AM8/8/23
to kova...@gmail.com, haskell-core-libraries
Thanks Dmitrii.

I think your expertise will be missed.

Tom Ellis

Aug 8, 2023, 8:32:34 AM8/8/23
to haskell-cor...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Aug 07, 2023 at 11:13:24AM -0700, kova...@gmail.com wrote:
> It was an honor to be a Core Libraries Committee member!
>
> However, I'm afraid that I no longer have the capacity to continue my
> duties as a CLC member. So I'd like to end my CLC membership earlier.

Thanks for your service to the community Dimitrii! It was valuable to
have your expertise on this committee.

Tom

Andrew Lelechenko

Aug 8, 2023, 8:10:33 PM8/8/23
to kova...@gmail.com, haskell-core-libraries
Thanks for your dedicated service to the Haskell community, Dmitrii! You indeed made lots of positive impact during your tenure.

Dear CLC members, I’ll post a call for nominations to fill a vacant position soon. Unless someone suggests otherwise, I’ll put Sep 10 as a deadline for nominations.

Best regards,
Andrew