filepath maintainership

andrew.l...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2021, 7:23:46 PM11/5/21
to Melanie Brown, chessai ., Emily Pillmore, Cale Gibbard, George Wilson, core-librari...@haskell.org
Dear CLC members,

As discussed at https://github.com/haskell/filepath/issues/79, filepath package is abandoned and needs a new maintainer. I checked it with Neil yesterday and he confirmed that an action is required. My understanding is that in the past CLC reached out to several potential maintainers, but was not successful.

How do we feel about asking Julian Ospald (aka hasufell aka maerwald, maintainer of ghcup) to take this burden? He is clearly passionate and well acquainted with the domain.

Unless someone has objections or can suggest alternative candidates, I’d like to talk with Julian early next week.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Andrew

Melanie Brown

Nov 5, 2021, 9:55:35 PM11/5/21
to andrew.l...@gmail.com, chessai ., Emily Pillmore, Cale Gibbard, George Wilson, core-librari...@haskell.org
That’s a good idea! I’m sure Julian would appreciate the offer, considering the work put into the abstract filepath proposal.

Cheers
Melanie Brown

George Wilson

Nov 6, 2021, 4:05:43 AM11/6/21
to Melanie Brown, Andrew Lelechenko, chessai ., Emily Pillmore, Cale Gibbard, core-librari...@haskell.org
I have no problems with giving it to Julian.

Cheers,
George

andrew.l...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2021, 2:50:10 PM11/6/21
to chessai ., Emily Pillmore, Cale Gibbard, core-librari...@haskell.org
Cale, chessai, Emily, I’m keen to hear from you on this matter.

Best regards, Andrew

Cale Gibbard

Nov 6, 2021, 3:06:18 PM11/6/21
to andrew.l...@gmail.com, chessai ., Emily Pillmore, core-librari...@haskell.org