unix maintenance

Julian Ospald

May 18, 2022, 8:08:13 AM5/18/22
to libr...@haskell.org, core-librari...@haskell.org
Hi,

I hereby request to be added as a unix maintainer.

My past and current involvement with unix package and similar API can be seen here:

* https://github.com/haskell/unix/commit/c7d88b3612fdf74a7964a670d6e79128f97f46b0
* https://github.com/haskell/unix/pull/202
* https://github.com/haskell/unix/pull/110
* https://hackage.haskell.org/package/hpath-posix
* https://hackage.haskell.org/package/streamly-posix

I think it can be seen from the issue tracker that it's understaffed.

Cheers,
Julian

Carter Schonwald

May 18, 2022, 3:59:26 PM5/18/22
to Julian Ospald, Haskell Libraries, core-librari...@haskell.org
i support julian being involved in unix, i've helped him debug some gnarly stuff in that area before and hes got excellent taste and really fun to collab with

Andrew Lelechenko

Jun 7, 2022, 3:58:26 AM6/7/22
to Core Libraries Committee, Julian Ospald, Viktor Dukhovni
Dear CLC members,

Viktor (CC’ed) and I got a chance to discuss the application, and I’m pleased to say that we, as current maintainers, don’t mind to share the burden; there is plenty of work indeed. Let’s vote on adding Julian as a co-maintainer of `unix`.

+1 from me in my CLC hat.

Best regards,
Andrew

Tom Ellis

Jun 7, 2022, 4:00:08 AM6/7/22
to haskell-cor...@googlegroups.com
+1

On Tue, Jun 07, 2022 at 08:58:08AM +0100, Andrew Lelechenko wrote:

> Viktor (CC’ed) and I got a chance to discuss the application, and
> I’m pleased to say that we, as current maintainers, don’t mind to
> share the burden; there is plenty of work indeed. Let’s vote on
> adding Julian as a co-maintainer of `unix`.
>
> +1 from me in my CLC hat.

andrew.l...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2022, 7:05:45 AM6/11/22
to Melanie Brown, Emily Pillmore, chessai ., Cale Gibbard, haskell-cor...@googlegroups.com
Dear Melanie, Emily, Cale and chessai,

Just a gentle reminder to vote on installing Julian as a comaintainer of `unix`.

Best regards,
Andrew

> 7 июня 2022 г., в 10:00, Tom Ellis <tom-core-libra...@jaguarpaw.co.uk> написал(а):
>
> +1

Cale Gibbard

Jun 11, 2022, 7:30:08 AM6/11/22
to Andrew Lelechenko, Melanie Brown, Emily Pillmore, chessai ., haskell-cor...@googlegroups.com
+1

Melanie Brown

Jun 11, 2022, 11:51:20 AM6/11/22
to haskell-cor...@googlegroups.com
+1

Andrew Lelechenko

Jun 20, 2022, 2:28:40 PM6/20/22
to Julian Ospald, Viktor Dukhovni, haskell-cor...@googlegroups.com
With 4 votes in favour out of 6 possible, the motion to install Julian as a comaintainer (together with Viktor and me) of `unix` is approved. Thanks all.

Best regards,
Andrew

chessai

Jun 20, 2022, 2:52:18 PM6/20/22
to Andrew Lelechenko, Julian Ospald, Viktor Dukhovni, haskell-cor...@googlegroups.com
I realise the vote has already taken place, but I want to throw in my +1 as a gesture of support

Thanks