GHC's base libraries: combining stability with innovation

Andrew Lelechenko

Jul 9, 2023, 6:43:08 PM7/9/23
to Core Libraries Committee
Dear CLC members,

Thanks all for active participation and fruitful discussion. John has signalled that “GHC's base libraries: combining stability with innovation” proposal is ready for a vote. Let’s vote on the final text, available at https://github.com/Ericson2314/tech-proposals/blob/c157f56c4f77ee1c7caaf5c1433296427971ed94/proposals/accepted/051-ghc-base-libraries.rst

+1 from me. I strongly believe that the described framework can positively affect both our own experience and experiences of contributors. The introduction of `ghc-experimental` / `ghc-internal` removes lots of pressure from CLC and delineates responsibilities between community bodies in a clear and efficient way without compromising on quality.

Best regards,
Andrew

Julian Ospald

Jul 9, 2023, 11:44:14 PM7/9/23
to haskell-cor...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Lelechenko, Core Libraries Committee
+1

Moritz Angermann

Jul 10, 2023, 1:16:58 AM7/10/23
to Julian Ospald, Andrew Lelechenko, Core Libraries Committee, haskell-cor...@googlegroups.com
+1

Tom Ellis

Jul 10, 2023, 3:24:21 AM7/10/23
to Core Libraries Committee
+1

Dmitrii Kovanikov

Jul 10, 2023, 6:56:33 AM7/10/23
to Andrew Lelechenko, Core Libraries Committee
+1

Clearly, a huge improvement!

Best,
Dmitrii