Fwd: Two events, Tuesday and Thursday

David Seidenberg

Oct 15, 2023, 4:21:29 PM10/15/23
to ha...@googlegroups.com

Join me and Reb Arthur Waskow Tuesday; come to my concert Thursday!

Join me Tuesday and Thursday evening!

On Tuesday evening, 7-8:30 PM, I will be teaching along with the incomparable R' Julia Watts Belser and Rabbi Arthur Waskow in a webinar on the biblical story of the Flood, and how to apply the deep wisdom of the Flood story to our own world in crisis. (The next evening Mordecai Liebling and Lynne Iser will present Part 2 of the webinar.) The link for registration is: https://theshalomcenter.org/events/learning-from-the-flood-story

On Thursday, 7pm-8pm, there will be a concert of original music composed that I composed over the pandemic -- five classical instrumental pieces and three Jewish liturgical song settings. The concert takes place at Bombyx Center for Arts and Equity, a prestigious venue in Florence MA, and it will be zoomcast, so please join! TThe place to go for tickets and links, for info about all the performers, and for sound clips from a few of the pieces, is: bombyx.live/events/bird-morning/

To share the facebook event (please share!): https://www.facebook.com/events/1350990575489975

The concert is a fundraiser for Beit Ahavah Reform Synagogue, which also meets at Bombyx. Tickets are $10/18/36-60. For those in-person, there will be an informal reception afterwards. The concert also falls close to a big birthday for me, but given our current reality, the reception will not be a birthday celebration.