Fwd: Laments

1 view

David Seidenberg

Jul 25, 2023, 12:20:54 PM7/25/23
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks!

Reminder: the full Laments for 2023 is live on neohasid.org at
http://www.neohasid.org/resources/laments. Also, the booklet includes
two outside pages that are more political and addressed to what's
going on right now. If that does not fit your proclivities or ritual
needs, you can
leave those pages out out -- the inner title page will still introduce the
booklet and orient you.

Also, I put up a video of a string quartet I wrote weaving together
the unofficial Palestinian anthem, Mawtini, and Hatikvah. You can
listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Hody0H1vc.

Finally, I started a new fb group focused on peace and democracy in
Israel/Palestine that is intended to transcend political differences
over Zionism, called Aveilei Zion. The link is:
facebook.com/groups/991520568829574

The only two rubrics are that we mourn/fear/grieve/activate-against
the state of injustice and the undermining of justice anywhere in
Israel/Palestine, and that we are allies to the Jewish people and not
just to the Palestinian people. In other words, no rules about BDS yes
or no, but rules about whether Israel has a right to exist and the
Jewish people a right to be secure (in whatever kind of state that is
a "solution"). If that seems weird/confusing/unclear please ask me. I
am refining this idea and am also gathering a few colleagues to help
me refine it (that could include you, just lmk).

kol tuv, may it be a fast that brings clarity and purpose of action
and courage to us all,

David Seidenberg