Watch party this Wednesday, 7 PM, of my "Bird Morning" concert

David Seidenberg

Dec 4, 2023, 11:19:06 PM12/4/23
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Dear Chevra,

On October 19, I put on a concert of new music I have composed, both classical and liturgical. It was a crazy and scary and tumultuous time to be thinking about putting on a concert, but since it was already several months in the planning, we went ahead with it, and the gathering of some 80 folks turned into a moment to take a breath and feel community when we all really needed it. We also recorded a video of the concert, and it's now ready to watch.

So, this Wednesday at 7 PM, I will be hosting a ZOOM watch party online. This is *not* your one and only chance to view the concert. The video will be available online after that, and I will share the youtube link to watch it on your own after Wednesday. But it will be wonderful to watch it together. BTW, the concert was titled "Bird Morning" after one of the pieces that uses bassoon, piano and flute. Come and you'll hear it!

To register for the watch party this Wednesday evening, please register here:

The concert includes five classical instrumental pieces and four liturgical songs, and lasts about an hour. I am also looking forward to sharing a preview of my new piece for chamber orchestra, "Hoc Momentum Tremendum", which emerged from what was going on inside me after the Oct 7 attacks and during the war. And there will be time for just hanging out together for anyone that wants to do that after.

Please let me know if you have questions, and please come if you can. Wishing everyone an extraordinary Chanukah, and may we envision and witness the miracle of peace with justice soon!

L'shalom,
David Seidenberg

P.S. A midrash says that Israel is like an olive tree: to get the pure oil that gives light, the olives need to be crushed. I don't know if as a Jew I have ever experienced a time as crushing as right now. May we find the seeds of light that will enable us and all the world to overcome the hatred and violence that grips our societies.

Here are some teachings and songs and resources about Chanukah that you all might enjoy:

http://neohasid.org/zman/chanukah/