Packer v1.6.5 released

me...@hashicorp.com

Oct 30, 2020, 4:37:32 PM10/30/20
to HashiCorp Announcements
Hello HashiCorp Community,

Packer v1.6.5 has been released. This patch release has a number of goodies, including:

- A redesign of the Proxmox builder to follow the iso/clone pattern of many of our other builders
- HCL Packer templates can now understand and censor sensitive variables from output.
- The googlecompute builder now allows users to select which algorithm to use when generating a temporary ssh keypair. This feature will be rolled out to other builders soon.

We've also fixed a few bugs and regressions, including:

- A regression in the qemu builder that would cause crashes when building with the "none" communicator
- Input artifacts to certain post-processors were being erroneously destroyed; this has been resolved.
- A build crash in the Azure builder due to improper cleanup of the disk_additional_size managed disks.

Check out our changelog for the full list of changes and more details.

As always, if this patch turns out to contain a couple of tricks instead of all treats, reach out to us on the GitHub issue tracker to let us know.

Happy Halloween, and stay well!

The Packer Team