Vault 1.15.1, 1.14.5, and 1.13.9 released!

Cinthia Vanni

Oct 26, 2023, 12:59:09 PM10/26/23
to HashiCorp Announcements

Hi folks,

The Vault team is announcing the release of 1.15.1, as well as Vault 1.14.5 and 1.13.9.

Community Edition binaries can be downloaded at [1, 2, 3]. Enterprise binaries are available to customers as well.

As a reminder, if you believe you have found a security issue in Vault, please responsibly disclose by emailing secu...@hashicorp.com and do not use the public issue tracker. Our security policy and our PGP key can be found at [4].

The major features and improvements in the 1.15.1 release are:

  • Audit: Fixed a regression in audit logging that was not properly reloading audit log files on SIGHUP

  • AWS Auth Method: Fix panic that could occur during IAM-based login when client config doesn't exist

  • UI Banners:

    • Surfaces warning banner if UI has stopped auto-refreshing token.

    • Shows banner when resultant-acl check fails due to permissions or wrong namespace.

See the Changelog at [5] for the full list of improvements and bug fixes.

See the Feature Deprecation Notice and Plans page [10] for our upcoming feature deprecation plans.

Community [8] and Enterprise [9] Docker images will be available soon.

---

Upgrading

See [6] for general upgrade instructions, and [7] for upgrade instructions and known issues.

As always, we recommend upgrading and testing this release in an isolated environment. If you experience any non-security issues, please report them on the Vault GitHub issue tracker or post to the Vault Discuss Forum at [11].

We hope you enjoy Vault 1.15.1!

Sincerely, The Vault Team

[1] https://releases.hashicorp.com/vault/1.15.1

[2] https://releases.hashicorp.com/vault/1.14.5