Vault 1.7.7 released!

Meggie Ladlow

Dec 9, 2021, 1:28:36 PM12/9/21
to HashiCorp Announcements
Hi folks,

The Vault team is happy to announce the release of Vault 1.7.7!

Open-source binaries can be downloaded at [1]. Enterprise binaries are available to customers as well.

As a reminder, if you believe you have found a security issue in Vault, please responsibly disclose by emailing secu...@hashicorp.com and do not use the public issue tracker. Our security policy and our PGP key can be found at [2].

The key fixes and improvements in this release are:
  • Integrated Storage: Fixed an integrated storage bug that could be used to perform a DoS attack on Vault
  • Replication: We addressed an issue where standby nodes could serve stale data
  • UI: Fixes issue restoring raft storage snapshot
  • UI: Fixes issue with the number of PGP Key inputs not matching the key shares number in the initialization form on change
See the Changelog at [3] for the full list of improvements and bug fixes.

See the Feature Deprecation Notice and Plans page [8] for our upcoming feature deprecation plans.

OSS [5] and Enterprise [6] Docker images will be available soon.

---

Upgrading

See [4] for general upgrade instructions.

As always, we recommend upgrading and testing this release in an isolated environment. If you experience any non-security issues, please report them on the Vault GitHub issue tracker or post to the Vault Discuss Forum at [7].

We hope you enjoy Vault 1.7.7!

Sincerely, The Vault Team

[1] https://releases.hashicorp.com/vault/1.7.7
[2] https://www.hashicorp.com/security