Packer version 1.6.3 released!

me...@hashicorp.com

Sep 25, 2020, 4:20:42 PM9/25/20
to HashiCorp Announcements
Hi HashiCorp Community,

Packer v1.6.3 has been released. This release comes with a new "cd_files" option as an alternative to floppy_files, which will allow users to directly mount larger files than possible with floppy_files, as well as allow users to mount cloud-init data on operating systems that do not recognize floppy disks.

Some other release highlights include:
    - AWS users may now use an assume_role option that matches Teraform's assume role functionality.
    - Azure users may now publish images to a Shared Image Gallery with a different subscription ID.
    - VMWare-esxi builds can now use a `vnc_over_websocket` option, enabling Packer builds to work with the latest versions of esxi that deprecated vnc.
    - Ansible Galaxy collections are now supported in the Ansible provisioner.

Some notable bugfixes include:

    - We've resolved a bug where kms_key_id would always revert to the default in the amazon-ebssurrogate builder.
    - We've fixed an infinite loop in the AWS SSM driver.
    - We've fixed backing files in QEMU
    - We've fixed an issue validating datastore iso paths in the VSphere builder

For the full details, see our changelog: https://github.com/hashicorp/packer/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#163-september-25-2020
As always, please reach out or open an issue if you have any problems.

Thanks,
The Packer Team