need help in a project

C-struck

Nov 15, 2007, 12:07:06 PM11/15/07
to Hash Functions
Hello All!

I am doing a small project in school on hash functions. I am comparing
the performance of four hash functions by varying different
parameters, and present the best of them with a reasoning. It has
already been proved as a good one in practice, but I am doing it as a
study.

There are tons of applications of hash functions. I am looking for
some area of application where I can show the use of my 'best' hash
function, whose implementation would be feasible in a 4 days time and
would look good on my resume. Does anyone has any idea of such
application? The implementation would be done in C.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Blah Blah

Nov 29, 2007, 1:07:06 AM11/29/07
to hash-fu...@googlegroups.com
4 days...  ooops.

adler32 is a hash function used for checksumming.  It's neither a great hash function, nor a great checksummer.  Showing that your hash function could be used as a better and faster checksummer could be a fun and quick project...

Cs