Books on Hashing

César Estébanez

May 10, 2010, 11:28:23 AM5/10/10
to Hash Functions
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows about any book on hashing, apart from
"Hashing in Smalltalk" by Andrés Valloud, which I already have
(interesting read, very helpful for my thesis, thank's Andres).

Apart from that, I only found some chapters that presents the topic
but never go into hashing in depth ("The art of computer programming"
by Knuth, "Introduction to algorithms" by Cormen, "Numerical Recipes",
some text books on C/C++ programming, etc.).

Any reference you can share with me would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much,

César.

Andres Valloud

May 10, 2010, 1:09:40 PM5/10/10
to hash-fu...@googlegroups.com
I am glad the hash book is helpful to you. Please let me know if you
have any questions or comments.

Back when I wrote the hash book, I checked as many books on computer
programming I could find. For the most part, I found such books don't
even mention hashing (?!). Knuth's TAOCP does have a bit of good
material, e.g.: serious discussion on how to choose multiplicative
hash factors, but it does not have a lot.

Andres.