FW: Tonight's reception with Cleve Jones, Rep. Murphy and Rick Jacobs

Maura McGurk

Dec 3, 2010, 10:34:20 AM12/3/10
to Harvey Milk
Hi gang-

I'm attending the talk by Cleve Jones tonight at The Center and got this email this morning--consider yourselves invited!
FYI, I paid $15 for my ticket, so it is affordable (there are higher donation levels of course).
Hope all is well-

Maura

Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 04:17:19 -0800
Subject: Tonight's reception with Cleve Jones, Rep. Murphy and Rick Jacobs
From: michael...@couragecampaign.org
To: mic...@couragecampaign.org

I'm glad you are coming to the reception tonight.  Folks will gather at 6:00 at The Center, 208 West 13th Street, for the program which will begin around 6:30pm.

I'm writing to encourage you to bring an additional friend to the event.  In fact, if you like, you can think of it as "Bring a friend for free Friday," and ask your friends to attend even without a ticket.  They can either contribute at the door, or decide to contribute something afterward or in the future as they feel moved. We'd like to be sure there is a good group for Cleve, Rick and Representative Murphy.

It is a historic moment not just in the movement for equality in general, but specifically in the fight for repeal of the military's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy.  You'll have the chance to meet and speak with the person at the forefront of the work in Congress to repeal that law, Rep Patrick Murphy.

So, get a friend or two and meet us there at 6:00 or 6:30 this evening.

See you tonight!

--
Michael Bridges
Development Director, Courage Campaign