Fw: logo

Larry Dembrun

Sep 16, 2010, 9:33:23 PM9/16/10
to harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com, kle...@gmail.com
Hi All:

Please see the attached.  This is something Mike just did.  Let me know your thoughts.....  hope everyone is having a good night

Larry

From: Michael Harpish <pis...@hotmail.com>
Subject: logo
To: chicory...@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, September 16, 2010, 8:27 PM

waitnomore3.jpg

Larry

Sep 16, 2010, 10:01:59 PM9/16/10
to Ljd...@yahoo.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com, kle...@gmail.com
Test

Sent from my iPhone
<waitnomore3.jpg>

Eddie

Sep 16, 2010, 10:09:38 PM9/16/10
to Ljd...@yahoo.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com, kle...@gmail.com

I love it but I'm not a huge fan of the pink and green.  No issues though really- just personal preference.

Thanks Larry!
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2010, at 9:33 PM, Larry Dembrun <ljd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

<waitnomore3.jpg>

Maura McGurk

Sep 17, 2010, 6:42:16 AM9/17/10
to Larry Dembrun, Harvey Milk, kris lew
Not sure if I should still vote or not but I think it's great.

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:33:23 -0700
From: ljd...@yahoo.com
Subject: [Harvey Milk Day of Action] Fw: logo
To: harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com
CC: harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com; kle...@gmail.com

Larry

Sep 17, 2010, 6:47:59 AM9/17/10
to edwarda...@gmail.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com, kle...@gmail.com
We can change the colors another sketch should be completed today!  Any color suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone

Edward Jones

Sep 17, 2010, 10:47:25 AM9/17/10
to Larry, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com, kle...@gmail.com
Nope not really. Please don't hold up this great work on my account!

--
Sent from my mobile device

Gina Sartori

Sep 17, 2010, 10:40:11 PM9/17/10
to edwarda...@gmail.com, Larry, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com, kle...@gmail.com
Ok. Everyone I'm SOO sorry for the LATE response.

I loooove it! But is it possible to change the EQUAL sign to an inverted pink triangle. Just to differentiate our selves from the HRC equal logo as well as the new group GetEqual whose logo also uses an = sign. There's great history to the inverted Pink Triangle (subverting the pink triangle gay men in Nazi Germany were forced to where in concentration camps to symbolize there classification as "sexual deviants" Who unlike every other group horrificlly imprisoned in concentration camps were never liberated from the camps just sent to when WWII ended. The invading allied armies also saw those wearing the pink triangles as sexually deviant and made sure they were transferred to German prisons. It wasn't until the early 60's when they were finally released from prisons. Turning the Pink Triangle upside down became the symbol of the Gay Liberation Movement after stonewall. Then of course in Th 8"'s it was used by ActUp to fight AIDS in there famous Rebranding of the pink triangle with the words Silence = Death but also it also says LGBT group. I was thinking the pink letters could be a florescent magenta blue type color. If it's to late I understand. But I have good news I actually FINALLY got a teaching job:))) I just got home from celebrating with Emily. Cheers to Wait No More:)

Sent from my iPhone

Larry

Sep 18, 2010, 8:45:34 AM9/18/10
to Gina Sartori, edwarda...@gmail.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com, kle...@gmail.com
Great feedback Gina, Mike is working on it now. Also congrats on the new job!!

I will send the new draft out when he us finished.

Larry

Sent from my iPhone

kris lew

Sep 18, 2010, 10:41:56 PM9/18/10
to Larry, Gina Sartori, edwarda...@gmail.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com
ok I'm extremely late on this; I don't know HOW I missed the first time this logo was disseminated but anyhooo..

LOVE!  I agree with Gina on the inverted pink triangle - excellent input. Thanks Larry & Mike!!! Looking forward to seeing the next mock-up.

CONGRATS GINA!!! Ha, just goes to show, there's no stopping talent and determination :)

Kristina Belich

Sep 20, 2010, 1:42:43 AM9/20/10
to kle...@gmail.com, Larry, Gina Sartori, edwarda...@gmail.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com
I love it. Big thanks to the lovely individuals who did this! I also love the colors, pink and green are fierce and go great together. <3 Kristina

Larry

Sep 20, 2010, 12:06:29 PM9/20/10
to Kristina Belich, kle...@gmail.com, Gina Sartori, edwarda...@gmail.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com
I have three different drafts of our logo for everyone to look at is there anyway we can meet this Tuesday?

Sent from my iPhone

kris lew

Sep 20, 2010, 5:00:57 PM9/20/10
to Larry, Kristina Belich, Gina Sartori, edwarda...@gmail.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com
Oooh exciting...I'd love to see the logos! Unfortunately for me, I already made irreversible plans for this Tuesday since I thought we were going to meet Wednesday this week, so I won't be able to attend a meeting - if there is one - tomorrow. Any other day this week is fine with me, though - in case that helps...

Edward Jones

Sep 20, 2010, 5:03:33 PM9/20/10
to kris lew, Larry, Kristina Belich, Gina Sartori, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com
I can do Thursday or Friday for a happy hour...

Edward Jones

Sep 20, 2010, 5:03:41 PM9/20/10
to kris lew, Larry, Kristina Belich, Gina Sartori, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com
Or a phone call!