Logos

1 view

Larry Dembrun

Sep 21, 2010, 10:33:06 AM9/21/10
to kle...@gmail.com, gina.s...@gmail.com, edwarda...@gmail.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com
My vote is for the logo that is on the tshirt one already!

FINALWAIT.jpg
tshirt.jpg

kris lew

Sep 21, 2010, 11:08:46 AM9/21/10
to Ljd...@yahoo.com, gina.s...@gmail.com, edwarda...@gmail.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com
They're ALL nice...thank you Mike and Larry for all the cool choices!!

After much deliberation, I vote for #3 - the third one down in the first jpg. I love the prominence of the inverted triangle with NO and MORE; I think it creates a straightforward message of urgency and clearly indicates what the group is about. Also, the highlighted NO and MORE make me want to read what the other two words say so I can put it all together, and it all comes together visually in a snap; really effective, I think. While the first two are definitely aesthetically cool, for me, they don't communicate with the clarity that the third one does.

So I vote for #3!

kris lew

Sep 23, 2010, 10:14:32 AM9/23/10
to Ljd...@yahoo.com, gina.s...@gmail.com, edwarda...@gmail.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone else have any feedback on this?

ANDREW TSO

Sep 24, 2010, 12:31:39 PM9/24/10
to Ljd...@yahoo.com, kle...@gmail.com, gina.s...@gmail.com, edwarda...@gmail.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com
#3- it's clean and effective, just like our mission statement! and i like the use of the inverted triangle because of the rich history behind it. Thanks for all the choices!

Maura McGurk

Sep 24, 2010, 6:57:13 PM9/24/10
to Larry Dembrun, kris lew, Gina Sartori, Eddie Jones, Harvey Milk
Thanks Mike for these logo designs!

I am a nut for color, so my vote goes to the one with pink, black, and yellow.  But I know the pink triangle has been specifically requested, so out of those, my vote is for #3.

One thought--you will all probably laugh--is that I see a phallic symbol in logos #1 or #2, towards the left, in the negative space created by the letters.  If we were a men's group, it would be great but I think there's a subconscious message going on there that might not be the right tone for our mixed group.

Have a good weekend-

Maura

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 07:33:06 -0700
From: ljd...@yahoo.com
Subject: [Harvey Milk Day of Action] Logos
To: kle...@gmail.com; gina.s...@gmail.com; edwarda...@gmail.com; harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com

Gina Sartori

Sep 24, 2010, 7:57:42 PM9/24/10
to Maura McGurk, Larry Dembrun, kris lew, Eddie Jones, Harvey Milk
I agree #3 is best well done:)

Kristina Belich

Sep 27, 2010, 8:58:24 PM9/27/10
to kle...@gmail.com, Ljd...@yahoo.com, gina.s...@gmail.com, edwarda...@gmail.com, harvey-milk-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

  I am so sorry to send this email in this way. I wanted to get to you all in a more dignified manner. I need to take a little hiatus from the group. I am so sorry for this message. I am not normally one to quit something that I am so passionate about, but I just do not feel I am giving 110% of myself at this time. I hope you all can be understanding. I will be in contact soon.
Sincerely,

Kristina Belich