Fwd: Need to take action for LGBT homeless youth

Gina Sartori

Dec 23, 2010, 1:49:16 PM12/23/10
to frankie cook, Harvey Milk
Might be something to get behind. I hope all is well. Happy Holidays!

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Natasha Dillon <natasha....@gmail.com>
Date: December 22, 2010 8:20:38 PM EST
Subject: Need to take action for LGBT homeless youth

Hi everyone,

I just had a rather disturbing conversation with someone involved in city government and their opinion about the cuts coming to LGBT homeless youth funding.  I'm sick to my stomach. With Christmas on Saturday and only one week left in the year --Bloomberg nor city council has restored the funding to LGBT homeless youth. After Bloomberg lost the city $80 million and after the City announced on Monday a budget surplus of $1.7 billion dollars -how can New York City's LGBT homeless children be losing 50% of their help?

I've seen a man literally freeze to death on the street of New York. I don't think I would be able to live with myself if that happened to one of our kids, and I knew I didn't do all I could to prevent it.

Mayor Michael Bloomerg needs to be shamed, he can't silently get away with killing our kids.  We must stand up and be the voices and the strength for our community's MOST disenfranchised.

Will you do your part?  Will you take action against these cuts to LGBT homeless youth services?  We are looking for people that are willing to be arrested and those willing to support those that are arrested.

Please email if you are interested. Thank you!

Natasha Dillon

Sent from my iPhone

Kristina Belich

Jan 5, 2011, 10:11:28 PM1/5/11
to gina.s...@gmail.com, frankie cook, Harvey Milk
Hello everyone,

  Would you all want to meet at the bookstore or Mikado next Tuesday evening? Happy New Year!!!

Kristina :)

frankie cook

Jan 6, 2011, 6:43:41 PM1/6/11
to Kristina Belich, gina.s...@gmail.com, Harvey Milk
hey im free to meet tuesday if others can. also happy new year!

ANDREW TSO

Jan 7, 2011, 10:50:32 AM1/7/11
to Kristina Belich, mista...@gmail.com, gina.s...@gmail.com, Harvey Milk
I caught another freaking bug! I'll know better over the weekend. Happy New Year as well!

Edward Jones

Jan 9, 2011, 9:45:23 PM1/9/11
to ts...@yahoo.com, Kristina Belich, mista...@gmail.com, gina.s...@gmail.com, Harvey Milk
I'm not free on Tuesdays this year, all. I can do Wednesdays or Thursdays.

ANDREW TSO

Jan 11, 2011, 8:32:52 AM1/11/11
to Edward Jones, Kristina Belich, mista...@gmail.com, gina.s...@gmail.com, Harvey Milk
Next Thursday would be best for me.