Fwd: (nohate) REMINDER: Meeting tonight for March Against Hate! 6PM

kris lew

Oct 22, 2010, 10:19:23 AM10/22/10
to Harvey Milk Day of Action
If anyone can make it, there's an organizing meeting tonight @ 6pm at The Center for the March Against Hate tomorrow!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Leia Petty <leia....@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 8:42 AM
Subject: (nohate) REMINDER: Meeting tonight for March Against Hate! 6PM
To: marchaga...@googlegroups.com

Hey everyone,

Just a reminder that we will host a meeting tonight for any and all that would like to help organize the march day-of and want to continue organizing together in some capacity beyond Saturday. Come with ideas! We will also use the time to make a banner so bring your creative skills too!

We will really need a lot of help pulling off this event tomorrow. Its a grassroots effort in every sense of the word. We need speakers, help with sound system, emcees, marshals, point people to deal with the police, and chant leaders.

All are welcome tonight so forward this to your groups. If you can't make it tonight, there might be someone from your group who can!

The Center
208 West 13th Street (btw 7 & 8 ave)
Room 412 (aka Charles Angel Room)
Friday, October 22nd
6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Peace,
Leia

Edward Jones

Oct 22, 2010, 10:32:23 AM10/22/10
to kle...@gmail.com, Harvey Milk Day of Action
I'm bummed I'll miss this march tomorrow-- please take pictures and say something snarky for me!

Luis Oyola

Oct 22, 2010, 3:40:47 PM10/22/10
to edwarda...@gmail.com, kle...@gmail.com, Harvey Milk Day of Action
From: Sue Moss/Bronx Community College (BCC)To: Charles
Rice-GonzalezSubject: BCC March For dignityHi – Please share with
whomever you think…..we invite community participation:In light of
recent events near and around our campus concerning the LGBT
community, concerned faculty, staff, and students from BCC will host a
silent march on Thursday, October 28, 2010 at noon. Interested
marchers will meet in front of the Roscoe Brown Student Center, and we
will march from the campus, through the community, to place flowers at
1910 Osborne Place. The faculty and Staff of BCC support all of our
students and community members to live their lives free of harassment
or humiliation based on sexual orientation/gender identity. We will
not tolerate belittling or abuse of lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, or
transgendered people on our campus. Bronx Community College must be a
safe space for all students, faculty, staff, and community members to
explore and grow. For more information, call Dr. Suzan Moss at
718-289-5281