Meeting Recap

Rob

Jun 11, 2013, 8:54:26 AM6/11/13
to hartford-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,
We had a good meeting last night. About 10 people showed up. Thanks to Gary for his presentation on defining and calling methods.

We're considering making it standard to meet on the 2nd Monday of the month. Would anybody be interested in that? I was told that the New Haven group meets alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays, so it would probably be good to avoid those days to prevent conflicts.

Going with Mondays would mean the next meeting would be July 8th.

Also, if there is anyone who would like to give a talk or has ideas for something to do at the next one, feel free to speak up :-)

Rob

Dan Bernier

Jun 11, 2013, 9:18:05 AM6/11/13
to Hartford.rb
Small correction: NewHaven.rb meets the first Thursday & third Wednesday of each month.

You should consider coordinating, & generally hanging, with the Hartford.js guys: http://hartfordjs.com. There's probably a fair amount of overlap in interest; we've seen good energy between NewHaven.rb & NewHaven.js.

July 8th works for me. Can't wait to make it back to a Hartford.rb meeting! I can give my Object-Functional Fusion in Ruby talk, if there's interest - NewHaven.rb already suffered through the first version of it, and their feedback much improved it. :)

Rob

twitter @danbernier
http://wordcram.org | http://newhavenrb.org

Rob

Jun 11, 2013, 9:28:10 AM6/11/13
to hartford-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads up. I'd be interested in getting together with them. I'd be interested in hearing your talk as well.

Gary Wright

Jun 11, 2013, 9:53:58 AM6/11/13
to hartford-r...@googlegroups.com
Nice meeting you all last night and glad I could help get the group relaunched with an impromptu presentation.

I should be able to make it to the July 8th meeting.

Gary Wright

Will Klein

Jun 14, 2013, 11:17:20 AM6/14/13
to hartford-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I run the HartfordJS group, thanks Dan for the mention. We're meeting next week on Tue June 18th, it's actually an ACM/JS double header. More details here: http://hartfordjs.com/. If you don't have my contact info just email "us" at hartfordjs.com and I'll get the message. Currently we're planning to meet the 3rd Tue of each month at CCAT in East Hartford.

I'll be sure to mention your July 8th meeting. If anyone from the group attends HartfordJS, let me know and I'll introduce you to the group!

Will