Fwd: S T A N D : A Friendly City Benefit for Peters Mountain Stand

已查看 1 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Lara Mack

未读,
2018年4月14日 03:32:402018/4/14
收件人 Harrisonburg Ecomind
Mark your calendars!

S T A N D : A Friendly City Benefit for Peters Mountain Stand

Tuesday, April 17th, 2018,
7:00 – 11:00PM
Facebook event link here.

The event is FREE.

Since Febraury 26th, 2018, Mountain Valley Pipeline resistors have been perched in trees high up on the Monroe County, West Virginia side of Peters Mountain.

And on March 28th, 2018, a monopod structure occupied by one resistor on the Narrows, VA side of the mountain was erected as an aerial blockade of a Forest Service access road used for pipeline construction.

Updates here and here.

MVP was permitted to fell trees in this area until March 31st due to restrictions on disruption of migratory bird habitats. That date has come and gone, and tree felling is now restricted until November.

These folks are standing up for thousands of Virginians and West Virginians, who have taken all legal measures to defeat MVP, so far unsuccessfully. They are standing up for millions of people who depend on healthy headwaters of their drinking water sources. They are standing up for our clean water, our irreplaceable wild habitats, our "protected" National Forests and threatened species, our family farms and communities – and especially Peters Mountain.

They will face thousands of dollars in fines, SLAPP suits, and most likely jail time for their incredible action.

So, let's raise some dough for these brave folks!

Spread the word! Bring a friend! Bring three!

Lineup for the evening:

TROUT MOUTH
https://www.facebook.com/borfolk

HANNAH JOHNSON & FRIENDS
(Keezletown old time and country)

RACHEL AUSTIN
https://www.rachelaustinrachelaustin.com/

NOAH SEE
(spoken word)

OIL DEREK
https://www.facebook.com/oil.derek

RESOUNDER
(New re-sounds from Rockingham County)

If you are unable to make this event but want to contribute, please visit: https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/donate-now-to-support-the-fight-against-the-mountain-valley-pipeline?source=direct_link

Follow the Peters Mountain Stand story with daily updates at the Appalachians Against Pipelines page.

To learn more about the resistance to the Mountain Valley Pipeline, and how you can help stop it, please visit POWHR-Protect Our Water Heritage Rights.

We hope to see you on Tuesday, April 17th at Pale Fire!

In solidarity,

--
Lara Celeste Mack

"… we survive not because we are fitter or superior, but because we cooperate. All natural systems seem to demonstrate that working together for the collective good—working in community—is what actually pulls us through. Cooperation of many cells runs the sap up the trees and the blood through our veins. Every living being is in fact a complexity of collaborative elements, functioning within a larger framework of collaborative systems." - Lynn Elizabeth
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子