tick tock

El Rey de los Super Mochomos

May 27, 2012, 7:44:23 PM5/27/12
to harp-l-meta discussions
Like the sands of an hour glass..... my time here is done folks.
October 6, 2012. The domains expire in January 2013. I might pay to
park them but not for very long. A decade is a really long time to do
this.

Arthur Jennings

May 27, 2012, 9:47:25 PM5/27/12
to harp-l-meta...@googlegroups.com
I can host a Pipermail list and I'm willing to pay to renew the domains.

It'd be nice to find a way to share admin duties, though.

Arthur Jennings
http://www.timeistight.com

El Rey de los Super Mochomos

May 27, 2012, 10:00:43 PM5/27/12
to harp-l-meta discussions
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't pipermail the archiving portion of
Mailman? We don't use the stock archiving tool that comes with
Mailman. Our archive is whopping huge. So huge it broke the search
function. You're up for setting this entire list up all over again
from scratch? Doesn't sound like fun to me. 2300 subscribed
addresses. About a zillion of them moderated because of bots but you
don't want to unsubscribe the address because most of them are still
being used. This isn't the biggest Mailman list out there by a mile
but it's a lot bigger than most of them. Are you sure you know what
you're getting in to?

That's the nuts and bolts side which is actually what's easy. Making
this all run semi smoothly without losing all of your subscribers or
having constant flame wars is what's tough to do. I think Mr. Boggs
gets the meta model. I don't have any sense that anyone else here
does or even cares and that scares the heck out of me. I started this
list hoping some kind of useful functional discussion might emerge
about that part of running this list. I've been pretty well
disappointed. I will say this, if harp-l had continued on the course
it was on a decade ago it wouldn't have made it much more than a
couple of years into that future. It is one of the older still
relevant early internet lists still around. h-l-lo

Arthur Jennings

May 28, 2012, 1:08:32 PM5/28/12
to harp-l-meta...@googlegroups.com
No, probably not.