THE ROAD TO MEMPHIS -- Sunday August 26th, 5 great bands at Katie's of Smithtown!

William Lifford

Aug 21, 2018, 11:05:25 PM8/21/18
to William Lifford, CP
People, the show of the summer is upon us!

We need you to come on out to Katie's of Smithtown on SUNDAY, AUGUST 26 and help The Long Island Blues Society send Harmonica Bill & Marked Deck (band) and Frilucha (solo/duo) to the International Blues Challenge in Memphis, Tennessee.   We have five great bands, playing the best of the blues for you...

Band lineup:
  • The Bobby Nathan Band ~ 2PM SHARP!  ...so get there by 1:45 to be safe!
  • Ryan Hartt ~ 3PM
  • Frilucha (our IBC representative duo, Lee Taylor & Michaela Gomez) ~ 4PM
  • The Kerry Kearney Band ~ 5PM
  • Harmonica Bill and Marked Deck (our IBC representative band) ~ 6PM

$10 cover at the door.   We'll have auctions and some great music albums for sale, provided by Long Island's own blues record label MC Records!   And we'll have a DUNK TANK onsite... for an extremely reasonable price you can dunk some of the Long Island Blues Society's own.  And the water is COLD!

Because we have an all-afternoon party going on, Katie's will have their famous food truck up and running for this event!  The food truck has lots of good stuff but everybody goes bananas for the Mac & Cheese in a waffle cone.

All proceeds go towards helping our representative bands get down to Memphis and show the rest of the USA that Long Island has some top-level blues talent!

Katie's of Smithtown is located at 145 West Main Street in Smithtown, NY.  Their website is HERE and their Facebook page is HERE in case you need directions or other information.

The link for the Facebook event page is HERE should you need it.

Thanks so much, and see you there!

Bill, Doug, Ken, Rich, and Junior
Harmonica Bill & Marked Deck

Aug 26 poster FINAL VERSION.jpg