Suggestions Required for Distributed Architecture of EWD - MGWSI connection with GT.M

Jai Singh VistA

Mar 27, 2022, 12:45:08 PM3/27/22
to Hardhats,
Hi All,

Currently, I am working on setting up a distributed architecture where we want to set up an environment where I will have more than 1 server to accept the user request  (There will be a load balancer that will distribute the incoming traffic)  and this application server should communicate with GT.M DB server (DB will be centralized/ in HA or standalone).

Till now I was working on standalone architecture (Application and DB were on the same server).

Looking for your kind suggestion or if you can redirect me on any article similar to this requirement, that will be a great help for me.

Current Architecture
image.png
Proposed/ Planned Architecture
image.png

OldMster

Mar 27, 2022, 1:39:46 PM3/27/22
to Hardhats
The architecture you desire isn't terribly difficult. I would, however, encourage you to use the new MGWEB product from MGateway/Chris Munt rather than MGWSI, it plays much better with modern Web Servers.

I use MGWSI, now MGWEB for a similar architecture, but haven't added EWD to the mix, at least not yet.  I do simple JSON REST calls to/from the YottaDB databases.

Mark

Raman Sailopal

Mar 27, 2022, 1:45:41 PM3/27/22
to hard...@googlegroups.com
To add to the references to mg-web. A link to the repo is below:

I've also done a demo using mg-web:

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

Jai Singh VistA

Mar 31, 2022, 12:12:12 AM3/31/22
to Hardhats,, enterprise-web-de...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

We request you to please suggest how we can achieve below mentioned architecture. We are using EWD as the front end, MGWSI gateway to communicate with GT.M.

image.png

Raman Sailopal

Kekoa

Apr 7, 2022, 5:18:30 AM4/7/22
to Hardhats
Are the app servers designed to be stateless or stateful?

David Whitten

Apr 7, 2022, 8:53:07 PM4/7/22
to hard...@googlegroups.com
I think Rob has consistently been an advocate of a stateless user interface
http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

Jai Singh VistA

Apr 9, 2022, 11:47:37 AM4/9/22
to Hardhats
Hi Keoka,

We are using a Stateless user interface, due to which we are getting huge time in data response. Sometimes it makes the user wait for a few minutes.

On Sunday, March 27, 2022 at 6:45:08 AM UTC-10 jaisin...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi All,

Currently, I am working on setting up a distributed architecture where we want to set up an environment where I will have more than 1 server to accept the user request  (There will be a load balancer that will distribute the incoming traffic)  and this application server should communicate with GT.M DB server (DB will be centralized/ in HA or standalone).

Till now I was working on standalone architecture (Application and DB were on the same server).

Looking for your kind suggestion or if you can redirect me on any article similar to this requirement, that will be a great help for me.

Current Architecture
image.png
Proposed/ Planned Architecture
image.png

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hardhats" group.

Jai Singh VistA

Apr 9, 2022, 11:51:55 AM4/9/22
to Hardhats
Hello Everyone,

We have found the solution for the below-mentioned server architecture. It was possible with the tweaking m_apache.so file. Also, It's working fine.
image.png