Mental Health Assistant with Vista Demo Appliance?

Tom Arnold

Jan 13, 2008, 8:07:57 PM1/13/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying out the Vista Demo Appliance as available on Sourceforge. I've been using CPRS mainly, but I'm interested in other modules including the Mental Health Assistant. Is that included in the demo appliance somewhere and I can't find it? If not, is it available in a form that will work with the demo appliance?

More generally, are there any other VistA applications / modules that work with the demo appliance?
Thanks

--
Tom Arnold
CIO - Aspire Behavioral Health, Inc.

Robert Olmedo

Jan 13, 2008, 11:34:12 PM1/13/08
to hard...@googlegroups.com
I've never used the Demo Appliance, but I have downloaded the Mental Health - YS package from the VA FTP site and installed it.

It works similar to CPRS, with the Access and Verify codes.

Bob

Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:07:57 -0700
From: tar...@aspirebehavioral.com
To: Hard...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Hardhats] Mental Health Assistant with Vista Demo Appliance?

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 14, 2008, 11:44:20 AM1/14/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Tom, I can show you how to get it running with it. Have you already
downloaded it from the ftp site? Configure a shortcut just like you do with
CPRS and then give yourself the YS Security keys and the secondary menu YS
BROKER1

On Sunday 13 January 2008 20:07, Tom Arnold wrote:
I'm trying out the Vista Demo Appliance as available on Sourceforge. I've
been using CPRS mainly, but I'm interested in other modules including the
Mental Health Assistant. Is that included in the demo appliance somewhere
and I can't find it? If not, is it available in a form that will work with
the demo appliance?

More generally, are there any other VistA applications / modules that work
with the demo appliance?
Thanks

--
Nancy Anthracite

kdt...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2008, 5:41:41 PM1/14/08
to Hardhats
Tom,

I don't know specifically about the Mental health assistant, but I
know that many of the modules in VistA are text based. Is it possible
that you are looking for a GUI that doesn't exist?

Does anyone know?

Kevin

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 14, 2008, 6:48:36 PM1/14/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
It is a GUI and MHA 3 is being deployed inside the VA now. That will have
many improvements that will allow it to be useful in other contexts. On of
our readers is involved in testing it and I hope he will see this and
comment.

Does anyone know?

Kevin

--
Nancy Anthracite

joe....@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2008, 7:59:01 AM1/15/08
to Hardhats
Both MHA2 and MHA3 have a delphi based GUI. MHA offers patient entry,
clerk entry, and clinician entry of some common mental health
measures. The patient entry mode locks the computer down and will
reboot when the patient is done entering the test. There is also an
offline testing mode, so potentially you could give a tablet PC to a
patient and have them use it in a waiting room while waiting for an
appointment.

MHA3 is amazing- it integrates with the clinical reminder system and
has an improved VistA file layout. There is also an instrument
authoring tool which is beta but functional. You can add your own
measures through a GUI interface. It automates data binding for
preset widgets (i.e. slider bars with a 0-5 likert-type scale). It
also has a report generator, etc.

The integration of clinical reminders and MHA3, with the addition of
the instrument authoring tool, make this a beautiful package from the
mental health medical informatics team at the VA.

Joe Glass
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System

***The contents and opinions within this message are mine personally
and do not reflect that of the Department of Veterans Affairs***

Brian Lord

Jan 15, 2008, 9:33:03 AM1/15/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Question about this interface, has the broker component in the GUI been updated to use the new broker so that the system is able to transmit over the internet through standard routers?

Thank you

Tom Arnold

Jan 15, 2008, 11:55:57 AM1/15/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Nancy,
I appreciate the offer to get this going, but I have to say I'm not sure I have the background to do this easily. I have not downloaded MHA yet. I have no Mumps / M experience at all, and don't know what "give yourself the YS Security keys and the secondary menu YS BROKER1" could possibly mean. I have a solid background in C, C++, PHP, assembler - and it looks like without learning mumps, none of that background is at all helpful for actually setting up or managing VistA.

I really appreciate the Demo Appliance. I could download a zip file, expand, install, and follow the directions to run CPRS to evaluate what Vista is about. Following the VA's training for creating my own templates was also easy (though I realize that knowing more about the data schema would be important for actual production use). I am not planning to run my own VistA installation (am looking for a hosted solution) but need to be able to evaluate the system components from an end user perspective. I've been reading the manual for the MHA and it looks like it would be useful for us as well. I hope to be able to try it out.

Perhaps this is simpler than it sounds - just to try out MH in conjunction with the demo appliance - but that's not clear at this point.
Tom
--
Tom Arnold
CIO - Aspire Behavioral Health, Inc.
10475 Park Meadows Drive, Suite 600
Lone Tree, Co 80124
Tel: (720) 514-9166 -  Fax: (800) 525-4072 - Mobile: (303) 374-4230
www.aspirebehavioralhealth.com

George Lilly

Jan 15, 2008, 1:25:39 PM1/15/08
to Hardhats
Tom:

I also have an interest in this package. It sounds wonderful for
Mental Health Professionals. I would like to demonstrate it to my
client, BrooklynCareWorks as part of my effort to get them interested
in VistA. I know a little MUMPS (been to class) and like you, have a
background in lots of other languages. I wonder if we could get it
installed on an Internet based server so all we would need to do to
demo and evaluate it would be to install the client and connect? If no
one else volunteers I have a Virtual Private Server (VPS) on the
internet ( continuityofcare.net ) that has GT.M running that I would
be willing to try and use for this purpose. I will probably need help
setting it up, but perhaps some of our hardhats readers would be
willing to give me a hand. Would an Internet demo server suit your
current purpose?

gpl

On Jan 15, 11:55 am, "Tom Arnold" <tarn...@aspirebehavioral.com>
wrote:
> Nancy,
> I appreciate the offer to get this going, but I have to say I'm not sure I
> have the background to do this easily. I have not downloaded MHA yet. I have
> no Mumps / M experience at all, and don't know what "give yourself the YS
> Security keys and the secondary menu YS BROKER1" could possibly mean. I have
> a solid background in C, C++, PHP, assembler - and it looks like without
> learning mumps, none of that background is at all helpful for actually
> setting up or managing VistA.
>
> I really appreciate the Demo Appliance. I could download a zip file, expand,
> install, and follow the directions to run CPRS to evaluate what Vista is
> about. Following the VA's training for creating my own templates was also
> easy (though I realize that knowing more about the data schema would be
> important for actual production use). I am not planning to run my own VistA
> installation (am looking for a hosted solution) but need to be able to
> evaluate the system components from an end user perspective. I've been
> reading the manual for the MHA and it looks like it would be useful for us
> as well. I hope to be able to try it out.
>
> Perhaps this is simpler than it sounds - just to try out MH in conjunction
> with the demo appliance - but that's not clear at this point.
> Tom
>
> On Jan 14, 2008 9:44 AM, Nancy Anthracite <nanthrac...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > Tom, I can show you how to get it running with it. Have you already
> > downloaded it from the ftp site? Configure a shortcut just like you do
> > with
> > CPRS and then give yourself the YS Security keys and the secondary menu YS
> > BROKER1
>
> > On Sunday 13 January 2008 20:07, Tom Arnold wrote:
> > I'm trying out the Vista Demo Appliance as available on Sourceforge. I've
> > been using CPRS mainly, but I'm interested in other modules including the
> > Mental Health Assistant. Is that included in the demo appliance somewhere
> > and I can't find it? If not, is it available in a form that will work with
> > the demo appliance?
>
> > More generally, are there any other VistA applications / modules that work
> > with the demo appliance?
> > Thanks
>
> > --
> > Nancy Anthracite
>
> --
> Tom Arnold
> CIO - Aspire Behavioral Health, Inc.
> 10475 Park Meadows Drive, Suite 600
> Lone Tree, Co 80124
> Tel:(720) 514-9166- Fax: (800) 525-4072 - Mobile:(303) 374-4230www.aspirebehavioralhealth.com

Tom Arnold

Jan 15, 2008, 2:10:46 PM1/15/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
George et. al,
A web-based demo would be fine with me. In fact that's what I was looking for at first, when finally I found the VistA Demo Appliance. (The unfortunate coincidence of "Vista" being chosen as the name of a certain operating system really makes searching more difficult for us looking for VistA).

However, I wonder if an easier approach might be just a way to package MHA with the appliance, or  a step-by-step how-to for the clueless about how to get a given package downloaded and set up to work with the appliance. I'm open to either, and would be willing to test out instructions, demos etc.

What I find really lacking in my assessment of VistA is a representational sort of demo scenario for private-sector hospitals. I know there's thousands of ways to accomplish any given task, but I'm trying (still) to get a simple walk-through of how routine tasks might be accomplished in a hospital like mine, using the various VistA components. That would be something like this:

* a patient is referred to our hospital
* we check availability of rooms, compare patient needs to our scope of care, see if there's any medical reason we can't take this patient
* we check insurance, Medicare, Medicaid eligibility
* we plan for the patient's admission
* patient arrives with some medical records in paper form
* patient is admitted
* medical records are scanned and entered into Vista
* patient assessment is performed
* treatment plan is created
* labs ordered
* lab results returned, evaluated
* prescriptions ordered
* nursing rounds, medical records updated, medication administer, medication administration records updated
* various types of health care professionals accessing the system on behalf of the patient (e.g., for our hospital, these might include psychiatrists, psychologists, hospitalists of various specialties, social workers, etc.) and using and updating the records
* patient is discharged
* EHR records transferred to coding, billing

So along the way, this is a story of a single patient. What VistA modules do the hospital staff (administrative and clinical) use to perform each step? How does it all link together?

Also, you'd want to work in the story line of what the different professionals do in their day-to-day work and how VistA can help them use their time efficiently etc. Demonstrations of how VistA is used for process improvement, tracking HR issues like training hours and certifications, regulatory compliance in various areas etc. I know it can do a lot, but what piece does what?

This is very hard to conceptualize if you don't have a lot of experience with VistA (and of course I don't). I know the workflows will vary at every hospital, but I've worked in different industries and I know that for all the variation, there's a lot that is common within any particular process, and it is possible to create some demonstrations / tutorials etc. that illustrate key components.

If any of this exists for VistA, I have not found it yet. I think VistA has a lot of potential for small hospitals, and I believe that making the whole system more approachable and understandable would advance its use.
Tom

On Jan 15, 2008 11:25 AM, George Lilly <gli...@glilly.net> wrote:

[...]

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 15, 2008, 3:10:31 PM1/15/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
ftp://ftp.va.gov/vista/Software/Packages/Mental Health - YS and get
YS_MHA.exe

Then run it, make a shortcut to it. look at the properties of your CPRS
SHORTCUT (NOT the exe) and look at the end of the target line. put the same
thing at the end of the target line in the shortcut properties.

Then go to PuTTY and do this:

Log in and start up GT.M, then enter

GTM>S DUZ=10000000020 <======that is 8 zeros in the middle

GTM>D ^XUP <==========hit enter

Setting up programmer environment
This is a TEST account.

Terminal Type set to: C-VT320

Select OPTION NAME: <==========hit enter
GTM>D Q^DI

VA FileMan 22.0

Select OPTION: 1 ENTER OR EDIT FILE ENTRIES

INPUT TO WHAT FILE: OPTION// 200 NEW PERSON (74 entries)
EDIT WHICH FIELD: ALL// KEYS
1 KEYS (multiple)
2 KEYSTROKES FROM LM WP
CHOOSE 1-2: 1 KEYS (multiple)
EDIT WHICH KEYS SUB-FIELD: ALL//
THEN EDIT FIELD: secondary menu OPTIONS (multiple)
EDIT WHICH SECONDARY MENU OPTIONS SUB-FIELD: ALL//
THEN EDIT FIELD: <==========hit enter

Select NEW PERSON NAME: `10000000020 <============ that ` is under the tilde
Select KEY: LRANAT// YS
1 YSCL AUTHORIZED
2 YSD
3 YSP
4 YSQ
5 YSZ
CHOOSE 1-5: 2 YSP
REVIEW DATE:
Select KEY: You can put in the others, too, if you want.

Select SECONDARY MENU OPTIONS: PXRM CPRS CONFIGURATION
// YS BROKER1 YS BROKER1
Are you adding 'YS BROKER1' as
a new SECONDARY MENU OPTIONS (the 3RD for this NEW PERSON)? No// Y (Yes)
SYNONYM:

Then go back and double click on the shortcut and you are off.

--
Nancy Anthracite

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 15, 2008, 3:13:43 PM1/15/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
It can be done on edu2 once I get it up again. It had a power problem and
then a networking problem, but it should be OK now.

gpl

--
Nancy Anthracite

Tom Arnold

Jan 15, 2008, 5:11:14 PM1/15/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Nancy
You lost me somewhere after "download"... Here's what I've done so far:

I downloaded MHA, and launched it. It quit with an error

I put the VS_MHA.exe in the C:\Program Files\WorldVistA folder along with the puTTY folder, the CPRS folder and the CPRS Launch and Connect shortcut.

I right-clicked on VS_MHA.exe and chose "create shortcut"

I right-clicked on CPRS Launch and Connect shortcut and chose "Properties"
I looked at the "Target" field and saw this: ""C:\Program Files\WorldVistA\CPRS\Resources\Launch and connect.bat" That's just the address of the target file of the shortcut, so I don't know what I'm supposed to put "at the end of" the target line in the VS_MHA.exe shortcut properties.

As for the puTTY part, I launch it, but then... log in to what? And how would I start up GT.M?

If I could get that far, the rest might become clearer.

Thanks for your help.
Tom

whitte...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2008, 5:57:21 PM1/15/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Tom,

since the target refers to a batch file, ie: ""C:\Program

Files\WorldVistA\CPRS\Resources\Launch and connect.bat"

you have to create a new batch file and then change its contents
to run the executable for the MHA instead of CPRSChart.exe

As I recall the batch file does not have CPRSChart.exe but only CPRSChart

the rest of the command line for CPRSChart should be used for the MHA
executable.

Best Regards,
David

Tom Arnold

Jan 15, 2008, 6:28:08 PM1/15/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
O.k., I opened the batch file "Launch and connect.bat" and it contains one line:
CPRSChart s=127.0.0.1 p=9297 CCOW=DISABLE
I have no idea what that means, except that it has the usual "localhost" IP address in it.

I duplicated the "Launch and connect.bat" file and changed the contents to:

VS_MHA s=127.0.0.1 p=9297 CCOW=DISABLE

So now if I run that batch file, a window of some sort flashes and that's it. I assume that's not right. I also don't know how to start GT.M or do any of the other things Nancy listed.

If I open a terminal in the Linux virtual machine and do a "ps" it looks like GTM is running. I see a process that says

/usr/local/gtm_V5.2-000/mumps -direct

...and another that says
mumps -run GTMLNX^XWBTCPM

Dunno.
Would it be hard to package the VistA appliance with some additional programs like MHA?

Thanks to all,
Tom

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 15, 2008, 7:03:13 PM1/15/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Tom, I am suffering a bit from not having the appliance in front of me. Can
you email me your telephone number off the list, I will call you, we will get
this going, and then you can tell everyone else all of the things I initially
told you that were wrong!

--
Nancy Anthracite

PeterBodtke

Jan 16, 2008, 7:33:06 AM1/16/08
to Hardhats
Tom,

Copy or move your new bat file into the same directory as the MHA
executable. The new bat file is does not have a directory path, so it
assumes that the executable is in the same directory. This should
work.

Nancy,

Let add MHA to the next VistA Demo Appliance.

Peter Bodtke

On Jan 15, 7:03 pm, Nancy Anthracite <nanthrac...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Tom, I am suffering a bit from not having the appliance in front of me.  Can
> you email me your telephone number off the list, I will call you, we will get
> this going, and then you can tell everyone else all of the things I initially
> told you that were wrong!
>
> On Tuesday 15 January 2008 17:11, Tom Arnold wrote:
> Nancy
> You lost me somewhere after "download"... Here's what I've done so far:
>
> I downloaded MHA, and launched it. It quit with an error
>
> I put the VS_MHA.exe in the C:\Program Files\WorldVistA folder along with
> the puTTY folder, the CPRS folder and the CPRS Launch and Connect shortcut.
>
> I right-clicked on VS_MHA.exe and chose "create shortcut"
>
> I right-clicked on CPRS Launch and Connect shortcut and chose "Properties"
> I looked at the "Target" field and saw this: ""C:\Program
> Files\WorldVistA\CPRS\Resources\Launch and connect.bat" That's just the
> address of the target file of the shortcut, so I don't know what I'm
> supposed to put "at the end of" the target line in the VS_MHA.exe shortcut
> properties.
>
> As for the puTTY part, I launch it, but then... log in to what? And how
> would I start up GT.M?
>
> If I could get that far, the rest might become clearer.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Tom
>
> On Jan 15, 2008 1:10 PM, Nancy Anthracite <nanthrac...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> >ftp://ftp.va.gov/vista/Software/Packages/MentalHealth - YS  and get
> Nancy Anthracite- Hide quoted text -

Tom Arnold

Jan 16, 2008, 7:42:09 AM1/16/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Getting closer. Now it launches part way and puts up an error dialog saying
Error encountered:
Function was: recv
Error was: WSAEINTR

On Jan 16, 2008 5:33 AM, PeterBodtke < peter....@gmail.com> wrote:

Tom,

Copy or move your new bat file into the same directory as the MHA
executable. The new bat file is does not have a directory path, so it
assumes that the executable is in the same directory. This should
work.

Nancy,

Let add MHA to the next VistA Demo Appliance.

Peter Bodtke

--
Tom Arnold
CIO - Aspire Behavioral Health, Inc.
10475 Park Meadows Drive, Suite 600
Lone Tree, Co 80124
Tel: (720) 514-9166 -  Fax: (800) 525-4072 - Mobile: (303) 374-4230
www.aspirebehavioralhealth.com

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 16, 2008, 8:04:01 AM1/16/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
I was able to spend some time last night working with him but we did not get
it going with the Demo Appliance yet.

Nancy,

Peter Bodtke

--
Nancy Anthracite

PeterBodtke

Jan 17, 2008, 8:39:59 AM1/17/08
to Hardhats
Tom,

Sounds like you are launching the MHA, but need to adjust the
parameters in the bat file. We are making incremental progress... I'm
sure Nancy will follow-up with you and I'll give it a try too. Hang in
there.

Peter Bodtke
> > >ftp://ftp.va.gov/vista/Software/Packages/MentalHealth- YS  and get

JohnLeo Zimmer, MD

Jan 20, 2008, 3:23:17 PM1/20/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone made any further progress with this thing?
My experience so far:

1. If MHA is run without the Demo Appliance running,
the splash screen comes up, and you get:

"Error encountered.
Function was: connect
Error was: 0"

...the same error message as CPRS gives with nowhere to connect.

("splash=off" has no effect on MHA.exe.)
(For some, doubtless irrelevant reason,
with splash off the error message from CPRS changes to:
"WSACONREFUSED".)

2. With VAVistADemo20060912 running and likewise
with VistAOfficeEHR_2.3.1,
MHA freezes at its splash without an error message.
Windows Taskman says "Not Responding" until I force an End Task.

Anyone doing better?

jlz

JohnLeo Zimmer, MD

Jan 20, 2008, 4:29:10 PM1/20/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Progress, sort of:
VAVistADemo is running the New Style listener.
And on port 9240
When I change my MHA .bat file to use 9240,
we get "WSACONREFUSED" and a clean exit.

jlz,
somewhat easy to please.

BUT, can someone explain,
how is CPRS able to connect using port 9210
with the listener at 9240???

Sam Habiel

Jan 20, 2008, 4:55:16 PM1/20/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Did you configure the VA broker to listen on port 9240?

Sam Habiel

Jan 20, 2008, 4:57:30 PM1/20/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Oh Sorry, I seem to have missed the question... ignore what I just said.

WSAConnection Refused occurs when you don't have a port configured for
listening either at the OS level or the Broker level.

Sam

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 20, 2008, 5:16:46 PM1/20/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com, JohnLeo Zimmer, MD
Are you working with GTM or Cache. If it is GTM

1. check you RPC file and see if there are two listeners and if you started it
from within VistA from the menu, both would start. That you can do with
Cache or GT.M

2 If you only have one listener inside VistA, you might have a second with
XINETD

3. You might have two with XINETD

--
Nancy Anthracite

JohnLeo Zimmer, MD

Jan 20, 2008, 6:46:32 PM1/20/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com

Nancy Anthracite wrote:
> Are you working with GTM or Cache.

I am working on the Windows XP, qemu, dsl, GT.M, VistADemo stack,
and on the same stack with VistAOfficeEHR.

Do we know which listener the MHA client should attach?

VDL has documentation on an MHA3 dated December 2007 which is not yet on
the FOIA ftp site. I would assume that will use the new listener.

jlz

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 20, 2008, 8:02:58 PM1/20/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com, JohnLeo Zimmer, MD
Yes, ti will, but it will be a while before it is released, I'm sure. As soon
as I know it is done being tested, I can make a FOIA request and hope for the
best.

Try a netstat -a|grep LISTEN and see what you get for ports in the 9000 range

On Sunday 20 January 2008, JohnLeo Zimmer, MD wrote:

--
Nancy Anthracite

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 20, 2008, 8:17:26 PM1/20/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Are you connecting to a different instance of VistA than you think you are?

On Sunday 20 January 2008, JohnLeo Zimmer, MD wrote:

--
Nancy Anthracite

JohnLeo Zimmer, MD

Jan 20, 2008, 9:02:27 PM1/20/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com

Nancy Anthracite wrote:
> Are you connecting to a different instance of VistA than you think you are?

Good question, Nancy. But I have generally been running the two qemu
virtual machines one at a time. My ThinkPad can handle both running,
though. I expect eventually to figure out two instances of the CPRS
client talking over separate ports, likewise putty. And MailMan
communicating between the two "machines".

jlz

PeterBodtke

Jan 21, 2008, 6:54:31 AM1/21/08
to Hardhats
Tom is using the VistA Demo Appliance, so he is running with GT.M.

Peter Bodtke

Tom Arnold

Jan 21, 2008, 8:57:12 AM1/21/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'm using the demo appliance and that's all, so it's GT.M and DSL.
I have not tried anything new to get this to work in several days because I don't know enough about the details discussed in the preceding messages to really make much of it. I certainly haven't been configuring listeners or brokers or whatnot.

I could try changing the .bat file that I'm using to start YS_MHA, if that might help. I just copied it from the .bat file that starts CPRS.
The CPRS file contains:

CPRSChart s= 127.0.0.1 p=9297 CCOW=DISABLE

and the "Launch and connect YS_MHA.bat" file that I made contains:

YS_MHA s=127.0.0.1 p=9297 CCOW=DISABLE

so apparently they are both trying to use the same port - is that right ?

When I launch the Vista Demo Appliance (GT.M, DSL etc.) and then launch CPRS it connects and runs, and if I then try to launch YS_MHA via the batch file above, then YS_MHA shows its splash screen and then hangs. If I do NOT launch CPRS, but just launch YS_MHA after starting the demo appliance, then YS_MHA puts up its splash screen then after a few seconds displays an error alert saying:

Error encountered.

Function was: recv
Error was WSAEINTR

and after a few seconds both those windows disappear on their own.

Suggestions? Different port to try? Another place to try a demo?
Thanks,

On Jan 20, 5:16pm, Nancy Anthracite <nanthrac...@verizon.net > wrote:
> Are you working with GTM or Cache. If it is GTM
>
> 1. check you RPC file and see if there are two listeners and if you started it
> from within VistA from the menu, both would start. That you can do with
> Cache or GT.M
>
> 2 If you only have one listener inside VistA, you might have a second with
> XINETD
>
> 3. You might have two with XINETD
>
> On Sunday 20 January 2008, JohnLeo Zimmer, MD wrote:
>
> > Progress, sort of:
> > VAVistADemo is running the New Style listener.
> > And on port 9240
> > When I change my MHA .bat file to use 9240,
> > we get "WSACONREFUSED" and a clean exit.
>
> > jlz,
> > somewhat easy to please.
>
> > BUT, can someone explain,
> > how is CPRS able to connect using port 9210
> > with the listener at 9240???
>
> --
> Nancy Anthracite

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 21, 2008, 9:12:04 AM1/21/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Tom, we can try turning on debugging in the broker and see what you get when
you connect MHA.
nancy@owl:~$ gtm

GTM>S DUZ=10000000020 <====== that is 8 zeros between the 1 and the 2
GTM>D ^XUP

Setting up programmer environment
This is a TEST account.

Terminal Type set to: C-VT320

Select OPTION NAME: eve
1 EVE Systems Manager Menu
2 EVENT CAPTURE (ECS) EXTRACT AU ECX ECS SOURCE AUDIT Event
Capture
(ECS) Extract Audit
3 EVENT CAPTURE DATA ENTRY ECENTER Event Capture Data Entry
4 EVENT CAPTURE EXTRACT ECXEC Event Capture Extract
5 EVENT CAPTURE MANAGEMENT MENU ECMGR Event Capture Management
Menu
Press <RETURN> to see more, '^' to exit this list, OR
CHOOSE 1-5: 1 EVE Systems Manager Menu

WARNING -- TASK MANAGER DOESN'T SEEM TO BE RUNNING!!!!

Select Systems Manager Menu Option: operations Management

Select Operations Management Option: RPC Broker Management Menu

Select RPC Broker Management Menu Option: ?

RPC Listener Edit
Start All RPC Broker Listeners
Stop All RPC Broker Listeners
Clear XWB Log Files
Debug Parameter Edit
View XWB Log

Enter ?? for more options, ??? for brief descriptions, ?OPTION for help text.

Select RPC Broker Management Menu Option: DEBUG Parameter Edit

----- Setting RPCBroker debug logging for System: BETA.VISTA-OFFICE.ORG -----
Enable Broker Logging: Yes// 3 very Verbose

Select RPC Broker Management Menu Option:

Then take the option Clear the Log files, then connect only the MHA, and then
go into view and send us the output.

On Monday 21 January 2008, Tom Arnold wrote:
> Yes, I'm using the demo appliance and that's all, so it's GT.M and DSL.
> I have not tried anything new to get this to work in several days because I
> don't know enough about the details discussed in the preceding messages to
> really make much of it. I certainly haven't been configuring listeners or
> brokers or whatnot.
>
> I could try changing the .bat file that I'm using to start YS_MHA, if that
> might help. I just copied it from the .bat file that starts CPRS.
> The CPRS file contains:
>

> CPRSChart s=127.0.0.1 p=9297 CCOW=DISABLE

--
Nancy Anthracite

Tom Arnold

Jan 21, 2008, 9:45:19 AM1/21/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Nancy,
When I try to run gtm in a shell in DSL, I get "command not found".
When I do a ps I see there is /usr/local/gtm_V5.2000/mumps

So when I try to run that I get
%GTM-E-GTMISTUNDEF, Environment variable $gtm_dis is not defined.

... so I can't get to any of the other stuff.
-Tom

> YS_MHA s= 127.0.0.1 p=9297 CCOW=DISABLE

> so apparently they are both trying to use the same port - is that right ?
>
> When I launch the Vista Demo Appliance ( GT.M, DSL etc.) and then launch
10475 Park Meadows Drive, Suite 600
Lone Tree, Co 80124

JohnLeo Zimmer, MD

Jan 21, 2008, 10:26:47 AM1/21/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
OK, Tom.
Your description matches mine. At least you and I are fighting the same
problem. And we are stuck at pretty much the same spot.

It would be helpful if someone working on real hardware were to attempt
to run MHA. That would help determine whether there is something in the
configuration of the qemu/dsl appliance that is getting in our way.

JohnLeoZ

K.S. Bhaskar

Jan 21, 2008, 10:52:50 AM1/21/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps I should explain how the demo appliance is packaged. I don't
have the demo with installer in front of me, but I did create the
original Toaster on which Peter Bodtke's package is based.

A VistA Toaster is just a software appliance - a virtual machine that
runs on an emulated or virtualized PC provided by a host operating
system. In the case of the demo, the virtualization / emulation is done
by QEMU (http://www.qemu.org), which is an emulator with optional
virtualization (the so-called QEMU accelerator).

A QEMU VM acts as if it is running in a private LAN segment (10.0.2.x
addresses) behind a firewall / proxy server. Outbound accesses from the
VM are forwarded by the proxy. Inbound requests are implemented by port
forwarding through the firewall.

On a Windows host, the appliance is invoked with a command such as (one
line, watch for line breaks, and the line in Peter's packaging may be
different):

qemu -kernel-kqemu -L . -m 192 -redir tcp::9297::9297
-redir:tcp::2222::22 VAVistADemo200612.qcow

This invokes the emulator qemu.exe and specifies that:

1. If virtualization is installed and enabled, it should use it in
preference to straight emulation (-kernel-kqemu).

2. The BIOS files of the virtual PC are in the curent directory (-L .).

3. To allocate 192MB of RAM for the VM (-m 192). Note that this is
actually virtual memory on the host machine, not physical machine.

4. Port 9297 of the firewall (the host PC - localhost or 127.0.0.1) is
to be forwarded to port 9297 of the VM. This is the port at which I
configured the Toaster to listen for CPRS connection requests (-redir
tcp::9297::9297).

5. Port 2222 of the firewall is to be forwarded to port 22 of the
virtual machine. This enables ssh access for character mode access
(-redir:tcp::2222::22).

6. The disk image of the VM's disk is file VAVistADemo200612.qcow on the
host.

On the VM, the Internet superserver xinetd (xinetd.org) listens at port
9297, and when a connection request comes in, it sets up the environment
variables and fires up a listener process with entryref GTMLNX^XWBTCPM.
There is no configured limit on the number of CPRS connections that
can be served simultaneously, and it is limited only by the CPU and
memory limits of the guest (and host) machines.

If you connect to the VM with ssh (userid dsl password VistA), in order
to run a character mode (roll and scroll) VistA session, you should run
something like /var/VAVistADemo200612/gtm_V5.2-000/run (just look for
the exact directory and file name under /var - I don't remember it
offhand). The run script sets up the environment variables needed to
run VistA on GT.M and then puts you at the command line prompt ready to
access VistA.

Connect CPRS (running on a Windows host) to the server on the VM is
accomplished by a line on the host such as:

CPRSChart s=localhost p=9297 CCOW=DISABLE which runs the CPRSChart.exe
program and tells it to connect to port 9297 on the host PC, which the
QEMU firewall forwards to port 9297 on the VM.

In your case, since CPRS is connecting, but MH is not, my guess is that
the VistA server in the VM has not been configured to accept MH
connections at GTMLNX^XWBTCPM. If VistA on the VM has been properly
configured and MH needs a different entryref, please let me know and I
will post instructions on how to add this to the VM.

-- Bhaskar

On 01/21/2008 08:57 AM, Tom Arnold wrote:
> Yes, I'm using the demo appliance and that's all, so it's GT.M and DSL.
> I have not tried anything new to get this to work in several days
> because I don't know enough about the details discussed in the preceding
> messages to really make much of it. I certainly haven't been configuring
> listeners or brokers or whatnot.
>
> I could try changing the .bat file that I'm using to start YS_MHA, if
> that might help. I just copied it from the .bat file that starts CPRS.
> The CPRS file contains:
>

> CPRSChart s= 127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1> p=9297 CCOW=DISABLE

> and the "Launch and connect YS_MHA.bat" file that I made contains:
>

> YS_MHA s=127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1> p=9297 CCOW=DISABLE

> so apparently they are both trying to use the same port - is that right ?
>
> When I launch the Vista Demo Appliance (GT.M, DSL etc.) and then launch
> CPRS it connects and runs, and if I then try to launch YS_MHA via the
> batch file above, then YS_MHA shows its splash screen and then hangs. If
> I do NOT launch CPRS, but just launch YS_MHA after starting the demo
> appliance, then YS_MHA puts up its splash screen then after a few
> seconds displays an error alert saying:
>
> Error encountered.
> Function was: recv
> Error was WSAEINTR
>
> and after a few seconds both those windows disappear on their own.
>
> Suggestions? Different port to try? Another place to try a demo?
> Thanks,

______________

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose,
please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by
persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.
_____________

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 21, 2008, 10:58:37 AM1/21/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Try from your Putty Terminal. Also, I should not have put that gtm command.
That is specific to my system and I should have clipped it off. Use whatever
the run command is for your system. I have an alias set up.

> > BETA.VISTA-OFFICE.ORG----- Enable Broker Logging: Yes// 3 very Verbose

> > Select RPC Broker Management Menu Option:
> >
> > Then take the option Clear the Log files, then connect only the MHA, and
> > then
> > go into view and send us the output.
> >
> > On Monday 21 January 2008, Tom Arnold wrote:
> > > Yes, I'm using the demo appliance and that's all, so it's GT.M and DSL.
> > > I have not tried anything new to get this to work in several days
> >
> > because I
> >
> > > don't know enough about the details discussed in the preceding messages

> > > really make much of it. I certainly haven't been configuring listeners
> >
> > or
> >
> > > brokers or whatnot.
> > >
> > > I could try changing the .bat file that I'm using to start YS_MHA, if
> >
> > that
> >
> > > might help. I just copied it from the .bat file that starts CPRS.
> > > The CPRS file contains:
> > >
> > > CPRSChart s=127.0.0.1 p=9297 CCOW=DISABLE
> > >
> > > and the "Launch and connect YS_MHA.bat" file that I made contains:
> > >

> > > YS_MHA s=127.0.0.1 p=9297 CCOW=DISABLE

> > > so apparently they are both trying to use the same port - is that right
> >
> > ?
> >

> > > When I launch the Vista Demo Appliance (GT.M, DSL etc.) and then launch

--
Nancy Anthracite

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 21, 2008, 11:28:36 AM1/21/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com, K.S. Bhaskar
The MHA uses the same port as CPRS, and unless we goofed during that short
time I was working with Tom, we got his port right and set up the necessary
secondary menu and keys for the user that I think is being used by his demo
(now I guess I could be wrong about that - the person who is IEN 9).

So, I don't know what the issue is so I will be interested to see what comes
of the debugging and the if that has nothing, we will probably need to use a
packet sniffer to investigate this further.

--
Nancy Anthracite

K.S. Bhaskar

Jan 21, 2008, 11:46:16 AM1/21/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Since the client, server, and private LAN segment are all internal to
the host PC, a packet sniffer would need to run on the guest VM.

Note that you can do a mupip journal -extract of the journal file to see
what globals the server process is setting, in case that helps troubleshoot.

-- Bhaskar

On 01/21/2008 11:28 AM, Nancy Anthracite wrote:
> The MHA uses the same port as CPRS, and unless we goofed during that short
> time I was working with Tom, we got his port right and set up the necessary
> secondary menu and keys for the user that I think is being used by his demo
> (now I guess I could be wrong about that - the person who is IEN 9).
>
> So, I don't know what the issue is so I will be interested to see what comes
> of the debugging and the if that has nothing, we will probably need to use a
> packet sniffer to investigate this further.

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 21, 2008, 11:59:00 AM1/21/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
I put a reply in the wrong thread earlier.

CPRS is connecting, Tom, it is the MHA that isn't.  And he is using a demo
that is old.  Now it might be that the MHA checks for a server number, but I
doubt that since it is running on a much newer server on my system.

However, I just checked the log on a connection between two machines, one
running Linux/GTM and the other the Windows box with MHA.

MHA It is running with the old broker, so we are not going to be able to make
it work in this setting unless we open up all of the ports on the appliance
and start up the broker to listen the old way, not using xinetd.

I will ask if there is a way to make it use the new broker.

On Monday 21 January 2008, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:

--
Nancy Anthracite

Tom Arnold

Jan 21, 2008, 1:03:46 PM1/21/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com, K.S. Bhaskar
 Bhaskar, Nancy, et. al.

I guess I have reached the point where I have to conclude that:

1) Given enough time and guidance, I might be able to sort out the communications or version mismatch problem(s) between the MHA I downloaded and the VistA demo appliance I downloaded
2) M or Mumps, packet sniffers and debugging in this environment are not in my skill set, so "enough time" is almost certain to be more time than I can devote. Therefore, I am not given enough time. I need to devote my time to (among many other things) finding a vendor to do VistA deployment, not to learning the inner workings of VistA's communication to a level where I can fix it myself. My goal is to hire those skills.
3) The demo appliance is very useful. I think it's a GREAT idea to have it available and to have CPRS and other modules work with it. People need to be able to "kick the tires" without building the whole car first. My thanks to everyone who worked on making it available. I think keeping a reasonably up to date version available would be a very good thing.

It's probably not a huge problem that's keeping MHA from working on my machine with the demo appliance right now, but I can't take the time to learn all the details to debug it. In my opinion it would be good to have some environment where the MHA could be easily tested or demoed. I'm sure eventually that will exist. I think these aspects of packaging and presenting VistA will help speed its adoption and acceptance.

I greatly appreciate the help given by everyone on this topic, and I have learned a lot.

Thanks

--
Nancy Anthracite

--
Tom Arnold
CIO - Aspire Behavioral Health, Inc.
10475 Park Meadows Drive, Suite 600
Lone Tree, Co 80124
www.aspirebehavioralhealth.com

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 21, 2008, 1:38:31 PM1/21/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com, Tom Arnold, K.S. Bhaskar
I don't know if you saw my reply, but the problem is that it uses the old
broker. If it is important enough for you to want to see it in action, you
can install VistA on your own network and see it that way. It will be a lot
more work than installing the demo applicance as you might guess, but if you
want to do it, give me a call and we can discuss it.

--
Nancy Anthracite

K.S. Bhaskar

Jan 21, 2008, 2:02:09 PM1/21/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Nancy, the easiest way to set it up may well be for Tom to create a
Windows VM and boot both the appliance and the Windows VM with QEMU.
This would put both the client and server on a 10.0.2.x LAN segment
behind the firewall where they can freely talk to each other.

Tom, you are spot on that when working with free / open source software
you either have to develop skills or you have to hire them.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

______________

JohnLeo Zimmer, MD

Jan 22, 2008, 2:15:39 AM1/22/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Bhaskar,
As far as I can tell the appliance I'm running uses inetd and not
xinetd. There's> an /etc/inetd.conf file that contains the line
(mind the wrap):

cprs-gui stream tcp nowait dsl
/var/VAVistADemo20060926/gtm_V5.2-000/cprs_direct

Where does inetd set the port?... I'm trying to trace the sequence as
CPRS makes its way in.

thanks,
jlz

Nancy Anthracite

Jan 22, 2008, 6:12:41 AM1/22/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Did you check /etc/services?

--
Nancy Anthracite

K.S. Bhaskar

Jan 22, 2008, 7:02:21 AM1/22/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the port will be defined in /etc/services (tail /etc/services to
check). Sorry, John, I forgot that the VivitAs and Toasters use inetd
rather than xinetd. Senility must be creeping up...

-- Bhaskar

On 01/22/2008 06:12 AM, Nancy Anthracite wrote:

> Did you check /etc/services?
>
> On Tuesday 22 January 2008, JohnLeo Zimmer, MD wrote:
> > Bhaskar,
> > As far as I can tell the appliance I'm running uses inetd and not
> > xinetd. There's> an /etc/inetd.conf file that contains the line
> > (mind the wrap):
> >
> > cprs-gui stream tcp nowait dsl
> > /var/VAVistADemo20060926/gtm_V5.2-000/cprs_direct
> >
> > Where does inetd set the port?... I'm trying to trace the sequence as
> > CPRS makes its way in.
> >
> > thanks,
> > jlz

______________

JohnLeo Zimmer, MD

Jan 22, 2008, 7:40:42 AM1/22/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
> ... Sorry, John, I forgot that the VivitAs and Toasters use inetd
> rather than xinetd. Senility must be creeping up...

I can relate to <<that>>. It's interesting to be growing and
deteriorating at the same time, no? I'm pouring water, as fast as I can,
into my own leaky bucket.

Lately I often find myself thinking of a patient of mine back in Macon
who kept reading his New England Journal every day... long after his
advancing Alzheimer's had forced him to retire from medical practice.
There came a point where he could read and enjoy the lead article and
read it again, fresh and new, the next day.

jlz

Rathina Kumar

Feb 20, 2022, 12:37:13 PM2/20/22
to Hardhats
Can you please help me configure MHA in my machine.

Select Sequence: 1

Sequence: 1//    1
Name=Command: MHASYS="D:\Mental Health Assistant (YS)\YS_MHA.exe" S=%SRV P=%PORT
 C=%DFN U=%DUZ M=%MREF

CPRS => GUI Parameter configuration done and it appearing in CPRS but when i click that menu it just open and then closed .
KEY=>YS =>added
SECONDARY MENU => YS BROKER added.

Can someone help me take it forward ?
On Monday, January 14, 2008 at 10:04:12 AM UTC+5:30 rjo55 wrote:
I've never used the Demo Appliance, but I have downloaded the Mental Health - YS package from the VA FTP site and installed it.

It works similar to CPRS, with the Access and Verify codes.

Bob

Rathina Kumar

May 8, 2022, 12:51:52 AM5/8/22
to Hardhats
Hi ,

Is MHA connect to Ohsera vista or not or Do we have separate MHA.exe for that ?
I can  able to connect worldvista DAT file with EHR3.0 and working fine .
can someone help us to connect with MHA and Ohsera?

Thanks
Rathinakumar

David Whitten

May 10, 2022, 11:51:12 PM5/10/22
to Hardhats,
To my knowledge, if you use a version of the OSEHRA VistA you have to use their version of the login hash table in your executable.
I do not think the MHA.exe has been compiled using that hash table.
If you have no problems with connecting to the worldvista dat file then you are using a version of MHA.exe that was compiled using the worldvista hash table.
If you want to connect to an OSEHRA dat file, the easiest solution to replace the hash table with the one from worldvista

David Whitten

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

David Whitten

May 16, 2022, 9:21:27 PM5/16/22
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Did you make the change the hash table on your copy of OSEHRA ?
Did it work ?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hardhats" group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hardhats" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hardhats/CA%2Bi2CTLK0Np8-GQtdtNORUn_Ub8v%2BAGOQQZMSg0s_k3bnSTPKw%40mail.gmail.com.