Using IRIS ObjectScript to connect to VistA using VistALink

Phil Burkhalter

Apr 1, 2024, 12:17:31 PMApr 1
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone used IRIS ObjectScript to create an app that connects to VistA using the VistALink interface to run a VistA RPC? Looking for some examples if anyone has done this in the past and willing to share.

Thanks,
Phil Burkhalter
President
Business Intelligence Systems, LLC
Office: 615-216-0559 (Preferred Number)
Cell: 615-603-6227
Phil.bu...@busintelonline.com<mailto:Phil.bu...@busintelonline.com>
http://bis.busintelonline.com/
[image001] [cid:image0...@01DA8426.29763F90]

image001.jpg
image002.png

David Whitten

Apr 6, 2024, 9:08:57 AMApr 6
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Why do you want to connect to VistALink instead of the RPC Broker  ?

To my knowledge there is no difference protocol-wise between them.

Usually the VistALink broker is only used by Java based programs.

Dave Whitten

Phil.burkhalter@busintelonline.com<mailto:Phil.burkhalter@busintelonline.com>
http://bis.busintelonline.com/
[image001]  [cid:image002.png@01DA8426.29763F90]