Need to know the consumption of Global Buffers of GDE !!

Tech Share

Jun 20, 2024, 11:37:21 AM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to Hardhats

Dear Team,

We are seeking information on tools that can help us understand the consumption of the global buffer value of GDE in the GT.M Database, specifically GT.M V6.2-002A on Linux x86_64. We have been searching for the gtm_stat third-party tool, but it appears to be unavailable.

Could you please let us know if there is any alternative tool or method available for monitoring global buffer utilization in this version of GT.M?

Thank you for your assistance.

Benjamin Irwin

Jun 20, 2024, 11:54:55 AM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to Hardhats
Tech Share, this might be something better asked on the Everything MUMPS conversation.

I also think we need more information.  I know a little about GT.m and GDE, and I am not sure what you are asking for.

Nancy Anthracite

Jun 20, 2024, 12:34:47 PM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to Hardhats

Who is "we"?

We are seeking information on tools that can help us understand the consumption of the global buffer value of GDE in the GT.M Database, specifically GT.M V6.2-002A on Linux x86_64. We have been searching for the gtm_stat third-party tool, but it appears to be unavailable.

Could you please let us know if there is any alternative tool or method available for monitoring global buffer utilization in this version of GT.M?

Thank you for your assistance.

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

K.S. Bhaskar

Jun 20, 2024, 3:02:37 PM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to Hardhats
Look at global statistics: ZSHOW "G" (https://docs.yottadb.com/ProgrammersGuide/commands.html#zshow-information-codes)  / $VIEW("GVSTAT",<region>) (https://docs.yottadb.com/ProgrammersGuide/functions.html#argument-keywords-of-view). You can use the gvstat tool (https://gitlab.com/YottaDB/Util/YDBGvstat/-/blob/master/gvstat.m?ref_type=heads) to monitor these. Ultimately an application needs enough global buffers for a large enough working set to avoid thrashing.

Could you identify yourself, please (or respond to Nancy's question)? Thank you.

Regards
– Bhaskar