YottaDB version of ^%STACK on Cache

David Blackstone

May 14, 2024, 9:24:57 PMMay 14
to Hardhats
Hello!

I am working on a program and I am wondering if there is an equivalent to ^%STACK in YottaDB instance of mumps? I'm wanting to get some information while running the debugger.

Thanks,

David Blackstone

Sam Habiel

May 14, 2024, 11:04:03 PMMay 14
to hard...@googlegroups.com
ZSHOW "S" or just ZSHOW/ZSH.

You don't see the M Lines, a limitation of ZSHOW. You can write your own ^%STACK that uses $STACK, $STACK($STACK,"PLACE") and $STACK($STACK,"MCODE") to replicate Cache's ^%STACK.

--Sam

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

David Blackstone

May 15, 2024, 4:24:09 PMMay 15
to Hardhats
Thanks for this information Sam! I have one more question. Is there a way to retrieve all the variables currently present in memory for my current job? I'm wanting to be able to get the variables when a routine is called.

David Blackstone

Sam Habiel

May 15, 2024, 9:27:12 PMMay 15
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Yes. ZWRITE without arguments. ZWR is the abbreviation, not ZW like on Cache.

ZWRITE can also print out globals, unlike Cache which doesn't have that feature. Its syntax is: ZWRITE ^GLOBAL("A",:,"B",*).

--Sam

David Blackstone

May 15, 2024, 9:29:14 PMMay 15
to Hardhats
Right ZWRITE seems to print the current data to the screen, but Is there a way to essential grab this data and store it in an array?

Sam Habiel

May 15, 2024, 9:30:34 PMMay 15
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Yes, ZSHOW "V":variable.

--Sam

David Blackstone

May 15, 2024, 9:43:09 PMMay 15
to Hardhats
Oh this is perfect just what I was looking for! Thanks Sam