Interesting video on purchasing a PDP-11/34

Kekoa

Jul 6, 2024, 5:12:46 PMJul 6
to Hardhats

Nancy Anthracite

Jul 6, 2024, 8:21:50 PMJul 6
to Hardhats, Kekoa
Very nice! THANKS!

--
Nancy Anthracite

On Saturday, July 6, 2024 5:12:46 PM EDT Kekoa wrote:
> https://youtu.be/XT6t2L3SVM8?si=YR1FekHNbu3JRLae

Nancy Anthracite

Jul 6, 2024, 8:36:06 PMJul 6
to Hardhats, Kekoa, Nancy Anthracite
I remember Marty Johnson talking about central office sending out fork lifts to
pick up the PDP 11s to get them out of the hands of the MUMPS programmers
building VistA!

--
Nancy Anthracite

On Saturday, July 6, 2024 8:21:44 PM EDT Nancy Anthracite wrote:
> Very nice! THANKS!
>
> > https://youtu.be/XT6t2L3SVM8?si=YR1FekHNbu3JRLae

Greg Kreis

Jul 7, 2024, 12:10:23 AMJul 7
to hard...@googlegroups.com
And storing them in Building 37 (or was it 34?) at Hines, if the rumor
was true. Sort of like how they stored the ark in a warehouse in the
Raiders of the Lost Ark closing scenes.

--
-------------------------
Greg Kreis, President

George Timson

Jul 7, 2024, 12:58:41 PMJul 7
to Hardhats
I mention on https://www.hardhats.org/history/hardhats.html that an 11/70 was de-commissioned at Columbia Missouri during our darkest days.  That's the only 'fork lift' story I can confirm.

--George Timson

Kevin Toppenberg

Jul 16, 2024, 8:58:54 AM (11 days ago) Jul 16
to Hardhats
This video from the original posting was quite good.  I've watched this YouTuber for awhile now.

At the end of the program, he asks if anyone has ideas for what he could do with the PDP.  I wonder what it would take to get an old version of VistA / Fileman / whatever-it-was-called-back-in-the-day running on it.

:-)

Kevin

Tim Frazier

Jul 16, 2024, 12:21:55 PM (11 days ago) Jul 16
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Before VistA it was called DHCP

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

David Whitten

Jul 16, 2024, 2:00:06 PM (11 days ago) Jul 16
to hard...@googlegroups.com
There is a disk image of DSM-11 on the net.
Christopher Edwards had it running on a Raspberry Pi under a PDP-11 emulator.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hardhats" group.

Greg Kreis

Jul 20, 2024, 10:55:46 AM (7 days ago) Jul 20
to hard...@googlegroups.com

I remember how we would do informal benchmarks at the MUG meetings at vendor booths. We would run DINIT (they all had FM installed) and would be impressed when it took less than a minute (if memory serves).

Fire up that Raspberry Pi and see how long it takes to run DINIT. ;-)

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hardhats" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hardhats/CAH8N84y1AZmHKOd6kbVhyCg-T-X5VxyWk_c8m4L_gOD-qrh0-w%40mail.gmail.com.