IoT with VistA/Yottadb/Cache/GT.M

Raman Sailopal

Jan 20, 2022, 3:52:46 PM1/20/22
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Myself and Rafael have been looking at ways to integrate Internet of Things devices with M based technology.

Some of the results can be found below:

This repo shows a full "end to end" demo using a Raspberry Pi as an IoT device, sending data to a mqtt message broker. Mg_python is then used to read data from the message broker and write to the database. Finally mg-web is used to present the data to Grafana (graphical display tool) via a rest API

This second repo provides an alternative to mg_python, using native M code to publish to a message broker.

In terms of VistA, some use cases could be:

1) Sending critical alerts similar to a paging system to end users via mobile phones.

2) Displaying messages on smart boards in hospitals.

3) Reading data from online medical IoT devices into VistA.

Hope this is useful to the community.

Ram

Sam Habiel

Jan 21, 2022, 11:25:41 AM1/21/22
to hardhats
Ram,

I am not sure why you have all the moving parts. YottaDB runs directly
on ARM architectures (including Raspberri Pis). Did you try using it
directly on a Pi?

--Sam
> --
> --
> http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

Raman Sailopal

Jan 21, 2022, 11:48:36 AM1/21/22
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

The idea was to have the pi represent an IoT device with just access to the Internet and mqtt service.

Yottadb sits on a seperate network from the pi/IoT device.

K.S. Bhaskar

Jan 21, 2022, 2:16:35 PM1/21/22
to Hardhats
Ram –

Would you care to cross-post to both https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.mumps and https://groups.google.com/g/enterprise-web-developer-community – while some of the membership overlaps, much of it does not.

Regards
– Bhaskar

Raman Sailopal

Jan 22, 2022, 5:42:37 AM1/22/22