WG: MUG-memorabilia

Wolfgang Giere

Jun 24, 2021, 2:13:08 PM6/24/21
to hard...@googlegroups.com

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: MUG-memorabilia
Datum: 2021-06-24T20:09:14+0200
Von: "Wolfgang Giere" <W.G...@t-online.de>
An: "Anthracite (hardhats) , Nancy" <nanth...@earthlink.net>, "Munnecke (MUG) , Tom" <munn...@gmail.com>, "powell (hardhats) , valerie" <pow...@rmu.edu>, "Althouse (MUG) , John" <altho...@gmail.com>, "lickes (MUG) , uli" <u.li...@googlemail.com>, "Heffernan SJ (MUG) , Henry" <hheff...@gonzaga.org>

My collection of MUG memorabilia from many MUG-meetings and Mumps-related events is not very big, but worth to be preserved. Has anybody an idea to whom I should and could give it? Is there any central initiative to collect Mumps related souvenirs? Please help!

Wolfgang

Tim Frazier

Jun 24, 2021, 3:28:38 PM6/24/21
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Interesting idea Wolfgang. My first thought was the starting point for MUMPS - Massachusetts General Hospital.
Are they interested in preserving MUMPS history?

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

K.S. Bhaskar

Jun 24, 2021, 5:11:36 PM6/24/21
to Hardhats
Wolfgang, Ed de Moel and Rick Marshall are the two people who come to mind first for me.

Regards
– Bhaskar

Wolfgang Giere

Jun 25, 2021, 5:38:11 AM6/25/21
to hard...@googlegroups.com, Marshall (MDC) , Rick

Thank you, Bhaskar, you are right. But sorry, I do not have Ed's email address, nor do I have the one of Ion Diamond. I hope they follow the hardhats mail ...

;-)

Wolfgang

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: [Hardhats] Re: MUG-memorabilia

Datum: 2021-06-24T23:11:44+0200

Von: "K.S. Bhaskar" <ksbh...@gmail.com>

An: "Hardhats" <hard...@googlegroups.com>

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

K.S. Bhaskar

Jun 25, 2021, 10:10:53 AM6/25/21
to Hardhats
Wolfgang, I e-mailed you Ed de Moel's e-mail address, since I don't have his permission to post it online.

Regards
– Bhaskar

Nancy Anthracite

Jun 25, 2021, 10:40:43 AM6/25/21
to hard...@googlegroups.com, K.S. Bhaskar
Rick Marshall had a project collecting materials and they went to the RMU
library. I delivered several boxes myself. I urge you to try to speak with
Rick, even though I know he can be hard to reach.

--
Nancy Anthracite

On Friday, June 25, 2021 10:10:53 AM EDT K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
> Wolfgang, I e-mailed you Ed de Moel's e-mail address, since I don't have
> his permission to post it online.
>
> Regards
> – Bhaskar
>
> On Friday, June 25, 2021 at 5:38:11 AM UTC-4 W.G...@t-online.de wrote:
>
> > Thank you, Bhaskar, you are right. But sorry, I do not have Ed's email
> > address, nor do I have the one of Ion Diamond. I hope they follow the
> > hardhats mail ...
> >

> > ;-)
> >

> > Wolfgang
> >

> > -----Original-Nachricht-----
> >
> > Betreff: [Hardhats] Re: MUG-memorabilia
> >
> > Datum: 2021-06-24T23:11:44+0200
> >
> > Von: "K.S. Bhaskar" <ksbh...@gmail.com>
> >
> > An: "Hardhats" <hard...@googlegroups.com>
> >

> > Wolfgang, Ed de Moel and Rick Marshall are the two people who come to mind
> > first for me.
> >
> > Regards
> > – Bhaskar
> >
> > On Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 2:13:08 PM UTC-4 W.G...@t-online.de wrote:
> >

> >> -----Original-Nachricht-----
> >> Betreff: MUG-memorabilia
> >> Datum: 2021-06-24T20:09:14+0200
> >> Von: "Wolfgang Giere" <W.G...@t-online.de <http://href>>
> >> An: "Anthracite (hardhats) , Nancy" <nanth...@earthlink.net <http://
href>>,
> >> "Munnecke (MUG) , Tom" <munn...@gmail.com <http://href>>, "powell
> >> (hardhats) , valerie" <pow...@rmu.edu <http://href>>, "Althouse (MUG) ,
> >> John" <altho...@gmail.com <http://href>>, "lickes (MUG) , uli" <
> >> u.li...@googlemail.com <http://href>>, "Heffernan SJ (MUG) , Henry" <
> >> hheff...@gonzaga.org <http://href>>
> >>

> >> My collection of MUG memorabilia from many MUG-meetings and Mumps-related
> >> events is not very big, but worth to be preserved. Has anybody an idea to
> >> whom I should and could give it? Is there any central initiative to
collect
> >> Mumps related souvenirs? Please help!
> >>
> >> Wolfgang
> >>

> > ---
> > "Hardhats" group.
> > email to hardhats+u...@googlegroups.com.
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hardhats/14696fa3-61b0-40d7-ad38-bf9de6114658n%40googlegroups.com
> > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hardhats/14696fa3-61b0-40d7-ad38-bf9de6114658n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> > .

Wolfgang Giere

Jun 25, 2021, 10:53:03 AM6/25/21
to hard...@googlegroups.com, K.S. Bhaskar, Marshall (MDC) , Rick, powell (hardhats) , valerie
Good idea, thank you Nancy! If 'RMU Library' means Robert Morris ... Valerie Powell should know details, even if I do not reach Rick Marshall.

Wolfgang
-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [Hardhats] Re: MUG-memorabilia
Datum: 2021-06-25T16:40:54+0200
Von: "Nancy Anthracite" <nanth...@earthlink.net>
An: "hard...@googlegroups.com" <hard...@googlegroups.com>
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hardhats" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hardhats/2431019.qm3bTRa2IW%40owl.

Nancy Anthracite

Jun 25, 2021, 10:54:51 AM6/25/21
to hard...@googlegroups.com, Wolfgang Giere, K.S. Bhaskar, Marshall (MDC) , Rick, powell (hardhats) , valerie
Agreed!

--
Nancy Anthracite

On Friday, June 25, 2021 10:52:48 AM EDT Wolfgang Giere wrote:
> Good idea, thank you Nancy! If 'RMU Library' means Robert Morris ... Valerie
Powell should know details, even if I do not reach Rick Marshall.

> Wolfgang
> -----Original-Nachricht-----
> Betreff: Re: [Hardhats] Re: MUG-memorabilia
> Datum: 2021-06-25T16:40:54+0200
> Von: "Nancy Anthracite" <nanth...@earthlink.net>
> An: "hard...@googlegroups.com" <hard...@googlegroups.com>
>
> Rick Marshall had a project collecting materials and they went to the RMU
> library. I delivered several boxes myself. I urge you to try to speak with
> Rick, even though I know he can be hard to reach.

David Whitten

Jul 9, 2021, 8:32:55 PM7/9/21
to Hardhats,, Wolfgang Giere, K.S. Bhaskar, Marshall (MDC) , Rick, powell (hardhats) , valerie
I'm personally interested in BAIK, design, code, etc.

Does it still exist ?

Dave W

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hardhats" group.

Wolfgang Giere

Jul 10, 2021, 6:19:22 AM7/10/21
to David Whitten, Hardhats,, K.S. Bhaskar, Marshall (MDC) , Rick, powell (hardhats) , valerie

Thank you for youur interest, David. No, BAIK does not exist anymore. Until recently the last user was the German Heart Center at the Charité in Berlin. But now it is gone, helas! But all of the documentation exists.

What are you interested in? Have you seen www.baik.de? Are you able to read German?

Best regards

Wolfgang

PS.: I would appreciate to hear from Rick and Valerie concerning my M and MUG memorabilia.

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: Re: AW: [Hardhats] Re: MUG-memorabilia

Datum: 2021-07-10T02:32:57+0200

Von: "David Whitten" <whi...@worldvista.org>

An: "Hardhats," <hard...@googlegroups.com>

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Wicksell

Jul 15, 2021, 8:23:05 AM7/15/21
to hard...@googlegroups.com

Dear Hardhats,

 I have been in contact with Rick Marshall about this post, and he has tried to respond to it twice now, but both times his post was auto-deleted for some reason. He asked me to post on his behalf, which follows. Thank you.

------------------------------

Hi Wolfgang,

Yes, the Vista Expertise Network would love to preserve your M and MUG memorabilia. As part of hosting the MDC reconstitution work, VEN is developing and preserving an M Reference Library, including MDC, MUG, and other M materials. We are working gradually to digitize these materials and make them available to the community in perpetuity, starting with the MDC documents.

(When we have our collection digitized, we will be approaching Robert Morriss University to help them do the same with their collection, which was generously donated to them by Maury Pepper. At present they are preserving that collection, but have not yet catalogued or begun digitizing it.)

We will cover any shipping costs required to send your collection to us. Feel free to contact me at rick.m...@vistaexpertise.net for details.

Yours,
Rick

David Wicksell
Fourth Watch Software LC
Fourth Watch BCS, Inc.

Wolfgang Giere

Jul 15, 2021, 11:22:30 AM7/15/21
to hard...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Rick, I'll contact you using the email address rick.m...@vistaexpertise.net concerning details. First of all, now that I know there is a place to preserve the items, I will send you fotos ... not today but hopefully this year!

Apparently you are interested in literature, too. I donated my Tandem collection to the "Hessisches Wirtschafts-Archiv  (HWA)" in Darmstadt. I do have manuals from Philips P800 ... I guess you do not need DSM, ISM, MSM and DTM.

Best regards

Wolfgang

-----Original-Nachricht-----