VEHU VistA Docker Image with Octo 1.0

Sam Habiel

Sep 23, 2020, 1:00:15 PM9/23/20
to hardhats
I worked yesterday and today to update the Octo scripts for docker,
and I made a new docker image.

VEHU VistA is now patched up to April 2020.

docker run -d -p 2222:22 -p 8001:8001 -p 8080:8080 -p 9430:9430 -p
5001:5001 -p 1338:1338 --name vehu worldvista/vehu:202004-octo

To connect to SquirrelSQL, follow this, and username/password is
admin/admin: https://docs.yottadb.com/Octo/rocto.html

CPRS Client: https://github.com/WorldVistA/VistA/releases/tag/cprs31-121-testuse

--Sam

Christopher Edwards

Sep 27, 2020, 6:50:08 PM9/27/20
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Well done! I also see I have a pull request :)

Christopher Edwards
cje...@gmail.com

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

Seth Rylan Gainey

Sep 7, 2021, 2:21:19 PM9/7/21
to Hardhats
Hi Sam,

Are there any plans to release new patches on the VEHU Vista repository?

  - Seth

Nancy Anthracite

Sep 7, 2021, 2:25:57 PM9/7/21
to hard...@googlegroups.com, Seth Rylan Gainey
No.

--
Nancy Anthracite

On Tuesday, September 7, 2021 2:21:19 PM EDT Seth Rylan Gainey wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> Are there any plans to release new patches on the VEHU Vista repository?
>
> - Seth
>

> On Sunday, September 27, 2020 at 6:50:08 PM UTC-4 Christopher wrote:
>
> > Well done! I also see I have a pull request :)
> >
> > Christopher Edwards
> > cje...@gmail.com
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 1:00 PM Sam Habiel <sam.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I worked yesterday and today to update the Octo scripts for docker,
> >> and I made a new docker image.
> >>
> >> VEHU VistA is now patched up to April 2020.
> >>
> >> docker run -d -p 2222:22 -p 8001:8001 -p 8080:8080 -p 9430:9430 -p
> >> 5001:5001 -p 1338:1338 --name vehu worldvista/vehu:202004-octo
> >>
> >> To connect to SquirrelSQL, follow this, and username/password is
> >> admin/admin: https://docs.yottadb.com/Octo/rocto.html
> >>
> >> CPRS Client:
> >> https://github.com/WorldVistA/VistA/releases/tag/cprs31-121-testuse
> >>
> >> --Sam

Sam Habiel

Sep 7, 2021, 2:55:19 PM9/7/21
to hardhats, Seth Rylan Gainey
Hey Seth,

It's nice to hear from you. Nancy's answer is short and to the point, but let me elaborate.

I did this as part of OSEHRA, and then my next job as well, since I was working with VistA day to day and needed this for my work. It is very time intensive to do the VEHU update, as I have to patch and update everything, and likely also recompile CPRS. My job today doesn't have much to do with VistA day to day, so I don't really have an incentive to do this.

If you are willing (and I know that you are technically capable), I can help you get this thing patched up and ready to go.

--Sam

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hardhats" group.

Seth Rylan Gainey

Sep 8, 2021, 7:41:52 AM9/8/21
to Hardhats
That's understandable. The VEHU image is an excellent tool, but also very time-consuming to keep patched. I'll reach out if we decide to go this path.

    - Seth

Sam Habiel

Sep 8, 2021, 10:46:18 AM9/8/21
to hardhats
Seth,

I would like to see it maintained; and I can recommend the OSEHRA auto-patcher. It works well (mostly). You only have to install 5-10% of the patches manually.

--Sam