YottaDB dashboard for VistA & Theia IDE integration

K.S. Bhaskar

Aug 10, 2021, 10:31:52 AM8/10/21
to Hardhats

https://github.com/RamSailopal/YottaDB-dashboard/tree/main/Vista-Docker is an implementation of the YottaDB dashboard for VistA that now adds integration with the Theia IDE (https://theia-ide.org) for M code.

Congratulations, Ram Sailopal!

Regards
– Bhaskar

Nancy Anthracite

Aug 10, 2021, 12:30:28 PM8/10/21
to hard...@googlegroups.com, K.S. Bhaskar

Could you expand on this for those of us that are clueless what Theia is?

--

Nancy Anthracite

K.S. Bhaskar

Aug 10, 2021, 2:08:37 PM8/10/21
to Hardhats
Theia IDE (https://theia-ide.org/) is like VS code. You can run it natively or using a browser. There is a VS plugin for highlighting M syntax and Theia can use VS plugins. Look at the screenshot at https://github.com/RamSailopal/YottaDB-dashboard/tree/main/Vista-Docker

Credit for the idea goes to Rafael Richards et al at the VistA Data Project (http://vistadataproject.info/).

Alas, I likely won't be using this. That it's hard to reach an old dog new tricks is true in my case. I have been using emacs since the mid 1980s, and I have special brain-to-fingers circuits for emacs keystroke shortcuts. I'm deeply grateful to John Willis for LorikeeM. But younger programmers whose brains are less ossified use IDEs like these.

Regards
– Bhaskar