Encryption key for GT. M

Jignesh Patel

Mar 1, 2023, 6:26:59 PM3/1/23
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Is there a documentation about generating encryption key for GT.M db with new Ubuntu version for the latest GT.M

-Jignesh

David Whitten

Mar 1, 2023, 7:07:52 PM3/1/23
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Are you asking about GT.M or about YottaDB ?
I know they don't always do the same thing in all circumstances.
I doubt either do much different on the newest version of Ubuntu.
When did it come out? What is different about it.

My research yields:

The newest version of YottaDB is 1.36
The announcement page for version 1.36 does not mention
any changes to encryption. (
https://yottadb.com/whats-new/happy-new-year-r1-36-released-new-gui/ )

I searched on the YottaDB website for the word "Encryption"
( https://yottadb.com/?s=Encryption )
and the page for version 1.30
( https://yottadb.com/whats-new/yottadb-r1-30-released/ )
mentions that installation can now include the encryption plugin.

The newest version of GT.M is 7.0-005 and their announcement website
at https://sourceforge.net/projects/fis-gtm/ also states that GT.M
supports encryption.

Best Wishes,
Dave Whitten
713-870-3834

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 5:26 PM Jignesh Patel <jignes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a documentation about generating encryption key for GT.M db with new Ubuntu version for the latest GT.M
>
> -Jignesh
>
> --
> --
> http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

K.S. Bhaskar

Mar 1, 2023, 9:11:58 PM3/1/23
to Hardhats
Generally, the user manuals are a good place to start looking for documentation.

Regards
– Bhaskar