scheduled admission

Jignesh Patel

Mar 21, 2024, 2:53:12 PMMar 21
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Does VistA have a feature called scheduled Admission for the future?

David Whitten

Mar 22, 2024, 5:50:53 PMMar 22
to hard...@googlegroups.com
I think that Central Regional Hospital had a waiting list for admission so we had a form of scheduled admission.
We used several specialized progress notes for evaluation and assessment of patients prior to admission as well as clinical reminders linking them to care plans after admission and tracking with care plans.
Dr. Matt King did a great job pulling all of them together.

Dave Whitten
(713)870-3834

PS is this what you mean Jignesh ?

On Thursday, March 21, 2024, Jignesh Patel <jignes...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does VistA have a feature called scheduled Admission for the future?

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

Jignesh Patel

Mar 25, 2024, 12:24:38 PMMar 25
to hard...@googlegroups.com
David
Thank you very much.
Is there any documentation I can refer to?
Is this a different feature than preadmit?

On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 5:50 PM David Whitten <whi...@worldvista.org> wrote:
I think that Central Regional Hospital had a waiting list for admission so we had a form of scheduled admission.
We used several specialized progress notes for evaluation and assessment of patients prior to admission as well as clinical reminders linking them to care plans after admission and tracking with care plans.
Dr. Matt King did a great job pulling all of them together.

Dave Whitten
(713)870-3834

PS is this what you mean Jignesh ?
On Thursday, March 21, 2024, Jignesh Patel <jignes...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does VistA have a feature called scheduled Admission for the future?

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hardhats" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hardhats/CA%2Bi2CT%2B6aaW7bz_5C%3D991bpSdHNj32aW4ok3weztXqKe_W65xA%40mail.gmail.com.

Matt King

Mar 26, 2024, 10:52:09 AMMar 26
to Hardhats
I'm not an expert on this and I never found ANY documentation. I'm not a programmer, so this is all about configuration using menus in VistA. However, I'm pretty sure this is incomplete.
In our system, there is a CAC with a submenu called delayed orders:

 CM     Care Management Menu ... [ORRC CM MENU]

   DO     Event Delayed Orders Menu ... [OR DELAYED ORDERS]<<<<<<<<<<This one

   LO     Lapsed Orders search [OR LAPSED ORDERS]

   PM     Performance Monitor Report [OR PERFORMANCE MONITOR]

   SU     Alerts - Set/Remove Surrogate for User [XQALERT SURROGATE SET/REMOVE]

If you go into that menu, you will see the delayed orders/autoDC Setup. Eventually, you may also need to add some EP parameters to make this work, or somehow place the protocol into an events file or something, that calls the process when an admit/discharge or transfer takes place. The programmers can tell you how to do that

   DO     Delayed Orders/Auto-DC Set-up<<<<<<<<This one

   EP     Parameters for event delayed orders

   IN     Inquire to OE/RR Patient Event File

Select Event Delayed Orders Menu Option: DO  Delayed Orders/Auto-DC Set-up

     Select one of the following:

          1         Auto-DC Rules<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Here is where you can set up automatic discontinuation of orders on a movement event

          2         Release Events<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Here is where to set up the delayed orders

Release Events>>>>>>

Name:                         ADULT ADMISSION

Short name:                   ADMIT-A

Inactivated:

Type of event:                ADMISSION

Admit to division:            CENTRAL REGIONAL HOSPITAL

Event order dialog:           OR GXMOVE ADMIT PATIENT <<<<This order should already be made in your system and there are similar ones for transfer and discharge

Order set/menu:               ORMCRH ADULT ADMIT ORDERS LDH<<<<<<<You need to make an order menu for all your admission orders/sets and place it here.

Lapse in #days:               7

Mas movement type:

Display text:                 ADULT ADMISSION

Ordering parameters location: SAU EVALUATION/FEA

Copy active orders:           NO

Included Locations:<<<<<<<<<<<<<You need to include all the locations you want this event protocol to apply to.

WARD E1-GSU

WARD F1-GSU

WARD F2-GSU

WARD F2-MPU

-------------------
In CPRS, on the orders tab, there is a tile to push for delayed orders. once this is configured, the orders should be written as delayed here

If configured correctly, the movement will release the orders automatically. If there are problems, staff can release the orders manually by going to ORDERS and clicking on the delayed order tile (see below). Then go to ACTION and RELEASE DELAYED ORDERS. There ARE problems, like admitting the patient before the orders are finished being written. In retrospect, I might have never allowed auto release, but instead, just teach the nursing staff to release the orders when the patient is on the Unit. The problem is when the autorelease fails, nobody knows what to do and it delays treatment until it can be figured out. If it is set up as part of the work flow, that would never happen.

David Whitten

Mar 27, 2024, 2:02:43 PMMar 27
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Matt
You are definitely highly versed in a LOT of CPRS configuration

Dave
To unsubscribe, send email to Hardhats+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hardhats" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hardhats/aeab80e0-cb3f-4b0e-ac27-74d749dbfd26n%40googlegroups.com.

Jignesh Patel

Mar 28, 2024, 4:18:59 PMMar 28
to hard...@googlegroups.com
Agreed, David. Matt, thank you very much for such a detailed response.

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats