Multiplayer gathering/testing

Alex Young

Jul 8, 2016, 5:22:53 AM7/8/16
to Hardcode (VR Game)
It looks like some proper multiplayer games need coordinating!
First question - is there a limit to the number of players on the server?

Mike Farlenkov

Jul 8, 2016, 6:10:00 AM7/8/16
to Hardcode (VR Game)
Hi!
Single room for "Capture the Flag 1" map is limited to 10 players.
This mean that 11th player connected to the server will be connected to second room.

Marcos

Feb 2, 2017, 5:42:52 PM2/2/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)
Hi there,

After a couple of weeks playing this game, Multiplayer is easily becoming my favorite game mode, either in capture the flag or in deathmatch. It's awesome! The only problem is that many times there is nobody (or almost nobody) there to play with.
I'm wondering what does the "Online Players Notifications" in the Settings exactly do... Does it notify you when there's another player in the Multiplayer rooms? Or does it notify you when there's another player playing the game (in whatever mode) who has also switched the notifications on?

Regards,

Marcos

Mike Farlenkov

Feb 2, 2017, 6:01:18 PM2/2/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)
Hi Marcos!

In previous version it worked like this: when server detects that we have 1+ player in the multiplayer map or 4+ players any where in the game it sends invites to ALL players in the game so they can push single button and jump to multiplayer

Nobody complaints on this messages, but I decided to remove it from single player missions and show it only in menus.

After that multiplayer activity drops down significantly :(

So yea, I need to find a way to push multiplayer activity

Marcos

Feb 3, 2017, 7:49:53 AM2/3/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)
Interesting... Well I'm sure this low multiplayer activity will be only a temporary problem until Hardcode gets the thousands of players it deserves to have :)
Meanwhile, perhaps the best way around it would be something like this:

- Show the multiplayer notification only in the menus for those players who haven't switched the notifications on.

- Show the multiplayer notification anywhere in the game for those players who have switched the notifications on.

Regards,

Marcos

Marcos

Feb 6, 2017, 5:56:26 PM2/6/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)
By the way, Multiplayer has been down for a few days now, I only see a message saying "Connecting to server...".  What's going on?

Regards,

Marcos

Mike Farlenkov

Feb 6, 2017, 8:23:51 PM2/6/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)
Thank you!
Not sure what is wrong with a server, but I guess it is time to turn on auto reboots on it and tune my logs to see better what is going on.